Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

noticed somethin today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default noticed somethin today?

well today i was getting something outta the back of my truck and from far away i noticed the drivers side rear suspension has a sag to it that is noticeable as compared to the pass side...and just using a rough measure with my hand i def have a sag in the driver side of probably id guess 1/8 to 1/4 inch..now Ive shifted my sub box to the pass side figuring that might of been the cause to te sag but to no avail..so what might cause the sag and what could i do to fix it,if i can get some pics tmrw with a ruler to show i will..but any ideas on a cause or possible fix would be awesome.Thanx guys

Last edited by 97Bravada; 07-09-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like you need to replace your door pins. When the bushing wears out it causes the door to sag. When you open your door you'll see that it drops down a little, good sign of bad door pins.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Sounds like you need to replace your door pins. When the bushing wears out it causes the door to sag. When you open your door you'll see that it drops down a little, good sign of bad door pins.
lol i prolly shoulda specified..its a suspension thing..hence its presence in the suspension area lol..the driver side rear suspension is sagging

Old 07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

sounds like weak leaf springs... time to hit up the pick-n-pull.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Yea time for new leafs.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Yea time for new leafs.
on just 1 side? i always thought that those kinda things happened in pairs..like the whole rear would sag..hmm oh well least i just gotta only buy 1 new spring set lol

Old 07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Truck could have hit a good pothole early on in life, severly weakening a leaf spring... buy the set though if you go that route

Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oktain
Truck could have hit a good pothole early on in life, severly weakening a leaf spring... buy the set though if you go that route
alright when i go get them i'll grab the pair..now question..how hard would the removal be? i have nvr really gotten into the suspension work on trucks/suvs

Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

its a pretty big job since you have to unbolt the axle. I need to replace mine soon I was thinking about taking it to a shop since dealing with the axle seems like a pain

Old 07-09-2010, 08:21 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you have to drop the axle? Why couldn't you just support the axle with jackstands like when you do shackles or drop blocks and undo the ubolts, shocks, and leaf spring bolts and drop them under the axle. Then just reverse it for install. Granted you would have to be very careful moving around the jackstands!

That's the method I used when I installed lowering blocks before and later when I removed them and installed add a leafs. The axle never touched the ground. But if I'm missing something just say so, just seems like it shouldn't be that hard of a job to get done.

Quick Reply: noticed somethin today?