Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Problem After a 2" Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Starting Member
LunchBox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem After a 2" Body Lift

A friend and I installed a 2" body lift yesterday on my 96 2-door 4x4. Everything went pretty well, and we didn't run into any issues. However, I started it up, and it was idling rough, then it would smooth out, and then get rough again. I let it idle for a few minutes, and it seemed to smooth out, so I took it for a drive.Every timeI give it gas, it nearly dies. Once I get it going, it acts exactly like I'm running out of gas. I think I may have put a fuel line in a bind, but I can't find where. Have any of you run into this issue before, and how did you fix it?

*Everything was running great before the lift.
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Problem After a 2" Body Lift

check to make sure everything on your intake is connected properly. Chances are part of it is disconnected.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC, the fuel lines are tied to the frame which shouldn't be affected by a body lift. I'd just check over all of your electrical connections to your sensors, etc.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Starting Member

I checked the intake, but I'll take it off and put it back on. Would that cause this kind of problem?

As for the fuel lines, I agree: from what I saw, they never touch the body.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the intake is drawing in air after the MAF sensor, then yes. I'd check to see if the vent line to the passenger side valve cover is installed on the intake hat directly behind the TB.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Blazin96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check all the vacuum lines including the one thats connected to the brake booster and check the pcv. most likely the intake snorkle tho. Mine hasn't fit good ever since i did my body lift either, trying to figure out a snorkle setup, but not much nelp out there and not to fond of ginsuing my fender or hhod) be carefull with the plastic peice that connects to the TB ITS PRICEY!!! I think its like 124$ from gm, 64$ if your an employee (he he it pays to know pple )

Old 03-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Starting Member

As usual, Blazer Forumers saved the day! It was my air intake hose. While taking it off/moving it around, the rubber split in a few places near and under the hose clamp at the TB, so the TB was being flooded with unmetered air. Of course, the part was only $7 for the previous year model...but not my baby; $100. So, I did what any of us would have done, and bought a $6 tube of automotive Goop, and a $3 roll of hose tape. Iapplied multiple layers of Goop over the course of a full day, and let it cure overnight. I reattached everything this morning, and went for a spin...all is well in Blazerville.

Now...off to the tire shop for some new skins...