Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Rockin the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
WarriorBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rockin the Blazer

Hey guys ive gotta problem with my blazer and im not exactly sure where to start at on it but im pretty sure its a suspension problem. Everytime im traveling down the highway and get up to about 65-70MPH the thing starts rockin side to side pretty violently. If i let off and slow down the problem seems to go away. but it doesnt do it everytime i get up to that speed, sometimes it seems to be excited from the road being uneven... anyone ever had this problem or know what i should do? Thanks

Old 09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Rockin the Blazer

It sounds to me like your truck is going into a speed wobble. Get all your front end suspension checked out and get the tires re balanced. You don't want any of your front end suspension stuff falling apart on you at high way speeds.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
lochenjons is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably something with the alignment is off. I drove this one newer ford truck that the guys friend had taken wheelin and anything over 40 it would rock rediculously violently, almost out of control

Old 09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
WarriorBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks! but it could be nething other than alignment? I had one done when i bought the new front tires about 4 months ago... and it doesnt do it everytime i get to a certain speed. It starts to wobble when the road gets uneven and then continues to get worse unless i slow down.... but if im driving somewhere on a smooth road i can go up to whatever speed i want without the car wobbling. Ha but smooth roads are hard to find in ohio