Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

shackles+torsion crank(how much lift am i gonna get)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

im looking at putting rear shackes and cranking the torsion bars a little in the front. im hoping to get 1.5-2". ive seen those add a leafs also. which one is going to offer me the greatest amout for the price. the rear shackles or the add a leaf. i also installed maxx air monroe shocks and i can get a good amount of lift in the back. does anyone have a pic of shackles/add a leaf and a little torsion crank? or just an after so i can compare it to mine. i looked around and found some big superlifts but i dont have the money to do that

im doing it on a different blazer then the one on my profile. didn't want to confuse you so i thought i'd clarify.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:44 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Looks on your avatar that you got a superlift already. Your truck must be at least 5" higher than stock.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

This topic is beat to death on the forum. There are TONS of pics around of trucks with 2" shackles. Do a search for "Shackle lift" and you'll find plenty of threads.
IMO shackles are a better way to go then a leaf spring. I'm not sure how much a leaf spring costs (never really looked into it) but shackles are only 60$ and cranking your tbars is free. It's the cheapest 2" of lift you'll ever see.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sisk
This topic is beat to death on the forum. There are TONS of pics around of trucks with 2" shackles. Do a search for "Shackle lift" and you'll find plenty of threads.
IMO shackles are a better way to go then a leaf spring. I'm not sure how much a leaf spring costs (never really looked into it) but shackles are only 60$ and cranking your tbars is free. It's the cheapest 2" of lift you'll ever see.
alright i'll look around its just i didnt see any pics and i just wanted to see if i liked the look.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blajeans
Looks on your avatar that you got a superlift already. Your truck must be at least 5" higher than stock.
thats on that one i got a red 4dr im doing a lift and i dont want it to be quite as i high. i've done the 6" on that but i dont know if im gonna like the look of the 2".

Old 01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

The Add A Leaf is the same cost as a pair of shackles($50). The only downside to add a leaf is that it does make your ride a bit stiffer in the rear. But then again when you crank your tbars the ride in the front will be rough aswell. Really just preferance.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OILCOUNTRY
The Add A Leaf is the same cost as a pair of shackles($50). The only downside to add a leaf is that it does make your ride a bit stiffer in the rear. But then again when you crank your tbars the ride in the front will be rough aswell. Really just preferance.
can you put shackles and an add a leaf on and get more lift by using both? probably sounds dumb but i know in some applications you cant use both of something you have to use one or another.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Even if you could (I'm not sure if you can or not, I don't know much about adding leafs) you wouldn't want to. That would give you around 3-4" of lift in the rear. You can only crank the tbars 1.5-2" so you'd have some serious rake going on if you did.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sisk
Even if you could (I'm not sure if you can or not, I don't know much about adding leafs) you wouldn't want to. That would give you around 3-4" of lift in the rear. You can only crank the tbars 1.5-2" so you'd have some serious rake going on if you did.
alright so it sounds like i gotta do one or the other. as far as the front goes is there anything else i could along with the torsion bars to get it higher. would a zr2 torsion bars give me any more than stock?

Old 01-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a guy on here that recently put some ZR2 TB's in and it did give him some more height. You should be able to find it it was in the past week or so.

Quick Reply: shackles+torsion crank(how much lift am i gonna get)