Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

ZR2 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:07 PM
cwiththehad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ZR2 Suspension

I have a 2001 ZR2 and im looking at getting new tires for it. But im not good in the field of suspension at all. I want to try to fit some 32's on but im sure the lift for that would be close to a grand. Is there anyway to lift it without an entire lift kit?....Or is it even worth it? I also would like to know if i could just put some wider tires on. The stock size is 31x10.5x15 and i found a good setup with super swamper 31x11.5x15 on 15x8 rock crawlers. Like i said i basically have no idea what the hell im doin so any info would help

Old 02-12-2007, 05:53 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ZR2 Suspension

what i would do is turn your wheels to full lock and see how much space you have between your frame and your tires. then i would say if you have more then and inch of space then it should be ok. another thing you have to becareful about is the backspacing on the wheels that you want that can also change things.

jimmyboy

Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
cwiththehad is an unknown quantity at this point

So i would probably need spacers or adapters?? I talked to some guy at belle tire and he said i couldnt fit 32's on it. I here everyone talkin about tightening the torsion bar and adding a leaf will that lift it up a good inch or not??

Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

It will, but no one will recommened it. It puts a lot of parts on your truck at a point to break or wear out. I would kill to have a zr2 with a 2 inch lift that is already pre built to handel the lift, so you should be really happy. Anyways, I am not sure if this would work but try a body lift, that should give you some more room.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:08 PM
neo
neo is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone over at ZR2USA.com seems to believe that a torsion bar tweak can safely get you one inch without any problems. From what I understand, that one inch won't even get you close to bottoming out the adjustment, and that's where you'd have issues.

So, you could get an inch there, then get some 2" or 2.5" lift shackles for the rear (chances are, your *** is sagging like the rest of us, so you'll need more for the rear to make it look right).

Make sure you get an alignment right after you do all of this, because the torsion bar tweak will kill your camber, and that can be corrected with an alignment. Make sure you tell them to align the truck WITHOUT adjusting the torsion bars. The adjustment should be made on the A-arms, I believe.