Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

1.5'' wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Beginning Member
Jerb is on a distinguished road
Default 1.5'' wheel spacers

i know this has been asked a gazillion times on here, i bought some 1.5'' spacers for the rear to make the back tires line up with the front, ARE THEY SAFE.....?, i bought some off e-bay from cjbargains, they are 6061 billet aluminum with grade 8 studs, i have them, and they look to be really nicely cnc machined! who all runs these? yes they will be torqued in proper sequence and to the proper torque, and will be checked often, if it is not worth the risk i will simply not use them, would like to here from some of the guys that use these, Thanks!!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Starting Member
antman94 is on a distinguished road

bump! im in the same boat

Old 10-30-2011, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

They are completely, totally the biggest mistake you can make which could cause death and mayhem to you and others on the road! Get rid of them reguardless of loss of money to you now!

You can send me a PM and I'll take them off your hands for no more than the cost of shipping that you will pay.

Now, if you didn't notice the sarcasm in what I wrote, please do now. I've been running spacers out back for about 4-5 years now. No failures, no wobbling, no nothing. Put them on as you have stated and enjoy the new look.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:59 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i agree, i have had mine on for over a year now, no issues ever.
the only pain is that now no tire shop will rotate my tires....oh well, the price of being cool......just dont over torque them and you will be fine...i put a little loctite on mine though.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:00 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

No problems here either.

Before spacers.

After.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I agree with everyone above. The only time spacers will be a problem is either cheap manufacturing, and/or not checking the torque on the bolts holding the spacers to the axle. I ran spacers on my rear for 2 years without problems. Just check the torque on the bolts holding the spacers to the axle 100 miles or so after you mount them and then every time you have the wheels off after that and you'll be golden. The difference it makes in the appearance is great.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

What torque pressure should they be at?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Beginning Member
SLE_MuNkY is on a distinguished road

Torque should be set at the same you would normally mount your wheels at.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:49 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Alright thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Starting Member
antman94 is on a distinguished road

Does it make a difference Because mine is a 4x4. I want to even out the tires but I dont know what size spacers to buy

Quick Reply: 1.5'' wheel spacers