Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2000 4x4 on 31"...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009 | 12:32 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

So your putting these on a non-lifted Blazer?

Old 10-21-2009 | 01:14 AM
|
Beginning Member
Audissey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bandidolenny
So your putting these on a non-lifted Blazer?
thats the idea. thats why i wanted to ask here first and get some input. i would rather someone tell me it won't work and move on to another choice than try it and waste my money.

Old 10-21-2009 | 01:15 AM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
Yeah spacer will put the wheel out more. I would get a wheel with backspacing a little closer to stock due to the extra wear the smaller backspacing will cause.

oic. the backspacing is the distance from the edge of the wheel to the bolt holes?

Old 10-21-2009 | 07:30 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Back spacing! lol...

You'll have some serious trimming to do to fit 31's with no rub... especially if you have less backspacing (=wheels sticking past fenders more, with less backspacing, there's less distance between the inside lip and the hub of the wheel, and more on the outside, essentially moving the entire wheel out.)

*Edit: I just realized those rims in the picture have 6" backspacing... wonder if it's the right bolt pattern! lol... Stock 4x4 Backspacing FTW!

Old 10-21-2009 | 08:12 AM
|
Beginning Member

well, i'm not trying to fit 31's, i know thats a lot to ask without a lift.

i'll be happy with aggressive 29's but if i can fit 30's that would be even better. the rims i posted have a 3.75" backspacing. the bolt pattern is 5x4.75 though the pictured rim is a 6 lug version.

will the -2.25" compared to stock have enough of an effect to require a lift or really affect the suspension components enough that i should consider another set of wheels?

Old 10-21-2009 | 07:55 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

whoa whoa whoa hwoaooaooaoaoa

just gotta jump in here..

30x9.5s will fit with STOCK backspacing. If you decrease back spacing at all, you multiply fitment issues. I have 4.5'' of backspacing, and 30x10.50s...annnnd 4'' of lift....and I rub. I even hacked the back of the wheel arch.

If you go with 3.75'' of backspacing, youll rub with stock size tires if theyre full tread..much less a 30x9.5...and dont even think about going wider.

so yes, you need different rims, smaller tires, or a lift. pick one

Old 10-21-2009 | 09:52 PM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by WolfPack

so yes, you need different rims, smaller tires, or a lift. pick one

thanks for the help wolfpack. thats all the info i need.

i think i'm gonna put the work into my 88' F-150. i'd rather beat that thing up and keep my blazer as a reliable daily driver. plus, i can get a lot more for a lot less out of my F-150. (please keep the ford hate to a min. lol).

thank you guys for all the help. i am still considering lifting up my blazer, just not in the near future.

Old 10-21-2009 | 11:51 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I had a 92 F150 4x4, 31's bone stock no issues whatsoever, probably could have gone 33's.

As far as the blazer goes, why not put some 30x9.5's on your stock rims? It'll make it look taller due to the more aggressive tread and you wont need a lift!

Old 10-22-2009 | 06:28 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I agree. I'm running 30x9.5 on my stock height and rims. I ended up just getting regular all seasons, but when I bought the truck he had more aggressive off road tires on them and it looks pretty beefy.

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:21 AM
|
Beginning Member

first and foremost, i HATE my stock rims haha. i would really like some IROC's but i can't seem to find a pair out here and ebay is not an option for wheels when you live in hawaii. hence 4wheelparts.com we have a store out here and i can buy online and have it shipped to the store free. anyway, after more though, i am really gonna just work on the F-150. with that truck, i'll be able to do more than i would with my blazer if i wanted it to be my DD. i'll be able to really make the most out of my F-150 and get it to the point where i can take it anywhere out here, trails, sand, mud, and the road as well with out having to worry about it breaking down on me and not having a ride to work the next day.

i'll consider the 30x9.5 though, i just don't like my rims, maybe if i can find a pair of xtreme rims or something nicer. we'll see.

thanks again for everyones input. like i said, i love my blazer and i love this forum. it's really helpful for us owners who aren't too savy on in this area.

Quick Reply: 2000 4x4 on 31"...