Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

20's

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Starting Member
Zerogravity780 is on a distinguished road
Default 20's

I have an 04 4-door ls blazer, and i want to put 20 inch rims on it but i dont want low profile tires. I seen a set with about 3 maybe 4 inches of sidewall and it was perfect. Just wondering what size i should get and I dont want them to rub. Any help? thanks.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Factory Blazer tires are around 28-29" tall. Most people have been able to fit 30" tires on stock rims without rubbing or major modification. I'd start from there, pick your 20" rim and using a tire calculator find tires that work out in that height range. 28-30" tall tires would give you between 4-5" of sidewall. A good tire calculator that I like to use is this one from 1010tires.com. Make sure you're aware of the backspacing of your factory tires and those of the aftermarkets you pick. That will play huge in whether you rub or not, and what size tires you can fit.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Starting Member
Zerogravity780 is on a distinguished road

awesome thank you! Im not huge into tires and rims so i dont know what backspacing is?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Backspacing is the distance from the mounting surface of the rim to the back edge of the rim. In other words, if you laid your rim face down on the ground, placed a straight edge across the rim from edge to edge, and measured from the straight edge down to the surface that mounts to the truck.

If you have a 2wd Blazer then the factory backspacing is 4.5". If you have a 4x4 then the factory backspacing is 6".