Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

31 tire size question

Old 06-27-2008, 09:23 AM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 31 tire size question

My neighbor has a set of 31X10.5 on his toyota pickup and will be selling them soon, They are domintor sport. I have a stock height blazer with hope of cranking my t-bars a in. in the front with 2 in shackles in the back. will i be able to fit them without to much trouble? I know i will probably have to beat the wheel well in a bit an trim.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: 31 tire size question

Nope. You'll rub and smack fender with every turn+brakes or turn+ bump. You'll have to trim a lot to get them to clear.....But...it's always worth a shot. And worst case it will force you into buying that 2' BL

Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 PM

I guess a body lift seeems like a lot of work, for only 2 in., theres so much to do with a body lift. If i were to get 30s with a bl how would that look?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the rough

I've got 30x10.50s on my blazer, with 1.5' from shackles/tbar. I'm putting a body lift on in the next few days, so by about Monday you can see how the 30s look with all that lift

I think it'll look good....right now, I like the height and stance, but there's absolutely no suspension travel available. A little more room for the wheels to play with should be nice!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 PM

speaking of lift, i was going to do torsion bar crank, but i discovered that one on my bars was tightened almost all the way in. I was crankin them to make the back level with the front, so only a inch, I didnt think i had enough to tighten so i put it back to normal my question is, if i only crank a in. will i need an allignment? And with the body lift, my vehicle is my daily driver and since im only 16 my dad wants to "help" me an my weekends are full so pretty much i dont have time, and i dont know how i could manage puttin one on.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:42 AM
BF Veteran

I went up the 1.5' and just from a busy schedule and what not, I didn't get the alignment checked for 3k miles. When I finally got it checked, my alignment was within spec. Now with just under 7000 miles on the tires and with the lift, I have no weird wear, and no real issues.

I still would say DEFINITELY get your alignment checked after going up the 1', but you really should be fine. I kept an eye on my tires for inside wear since I didn't get it checked for so long.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:35 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

30 tires fit fine without any lift and you still have all the suspension travel you need. for 31 you need 2" of lift. and a body lift isn't really a lot of work, sure it will take a day or two for your first time. however it is only 10 bolts.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:42 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

It may only be ten bolts, but there is a lot more that has to come off and be disconnected first. I went the opposite way. I got a B.L. first and now I am getting ready to do shackles and crank on my tbars.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:55 PM

Agreed, there is alot more involved in a b.l. than 10 bolts. but if i can run 31's then its probably worth it i wont be doin much wheeling with it. Tired of so many blazers cruisin around town, like mine to looka bit different+a meaner look.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

yep 10 bolts, and some wires, rad fan shroud, gas hose, steering, and depending on year tranny and t-case shift linkage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 31 tire size question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.