Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

31's????!!!!!!!???????

Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default 31's????!!!!!!!???????

I don't mean to double post, but for some reason it wont let me comment on the tire size thread on DIY. . . so, are you guys sure that a 31 x 10.50 won't fit on a stock height blazer... I see evryone reccommending a 30 x 9.5...... thats not much of an increase from stock..... your average 235/75/15 actually sits 28.9 x 9.3 x 15...... your average 30 x 9.5 sits around 29.5 x 9.4 x 15....... it's almost the exact same size..... so let me ask you this again, with a 1 inch front crank, are you positive that a 31 x 10.50 will NOT fit on a blazer with little or no rubbing?

Old 10-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Kellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 31's????!!!!!!!???????

I just got my 30's on today and they rubbed when i was turning into my driveway

Old 10-20-2006, 01:17 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Where did they rub at? if it was at the front of the wheel well it was probably due to your aftermarket rims... they appear to have a more shallow backspacing on them.... this could cause the tire to catch the front of the wheel well. . . . My 235's are almost exactly the same dimensions and I can't even make them rub off road. .

Old 10-20-2006, 02:19 AM
eslhockey92g is an unknown quantity at this point

W/ a 2" body and t-bar tweak my 31 10.5s rub only on the driver side frame behind the tire, and only on the driver side fender behind the tire. I need to get rims that will get the tire away from the frame and then i will need to get my funders cut down a bit, then i should be good

Old 10-20-2006, 08:17 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

30x9.5x15 are the biggest that will fit with zero rub if you arent sagging, 31"+ you need atleast a 2" lift.

I tried 31x10.5x15 and they rubbed before I ordered my 30's.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:14 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got 30x9.5 on stock wheels and they are damn close. They don't rub when I'm driving but if I'm turning and the suspension flexes the right way while wheeling then they will rub
I'm pretty sure kellen rubs on the out side back of the front wheel when he makes turns. Thats where lowbackspace wheel/tires will rub.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:57 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: tommyd

I've got 30x9.5 on stock wheels and they are damn close. They don't rub when I'm driving but if I'm turning and the suspension flexes the right way while wheeling then they will rub
I'm pretty sure kellen rubs on the out side back of the front wheel when he makes turns. Thats where lowbackspace wheel/tires will rub.
I thought it was just my suspension, glad to know its "normal" so to speak, the rub while flexin.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Kellen is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: tommyd

yep, thats where. only in situations like you mentioned, close to full lock and the suspension flexes pretty good. back of the front wheel well.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:33 AM

well, then I guess i'll do the 30 x 9.50.... I'm going to crank the front 3/4" to 1" to try to eliminate the rubbing factor.... I was gonna do the wheel spacer thing, but after the alignment problems sledneck16 had.... i'm not going to. . . because i'm too lazy to remove them before the alignment..... i'm also afraid with the bigger tire, that the spacers would cause fender/wheel clearance problems when the suspension was flexed.... thanks for all your help guys...

Old 10-21-2006, 03:05 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Cranked or not it will still rub under certain situations. Like when your bottomed out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.