Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

31x10.50x16? you choose (agian)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:51 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 31x10.50x16? you choose (agian)

Since the muffler turned out great, heres another choice for you. I can't seem to get pictures to upload for some $#@%$ reason so bear with me. I have a set of 16x8 camaro wheels. They are the very common 95-96 ones. They have 5 split spokes, and the spokes curve, alot of people call the "salad shooter" rims. ANYWHO, I'am getting the Sport King AT tires. They are made by medalist/fisk/BFG/anyone else I might have missed. Pics are all over the web. I can get them discount through a guy at my work at a tire shop on his route.

Now I know that 265-70-16 are normally about 30.6x10.4. And the 265-75-16 are normally 31.7x10.5. I want the closest to a 31x10.50 I can get. I figure the 70 series would look like 30's and they look small on 15 inch rims sometimes, let alone 16's. I'm leaning towards the 75 series since most tires are smaller than the sidewall states and they are measured alone, not mounted (I've heard.) So would the 75 series be the closest to a 31, maybe 2 or 3 tenths of a inch bigger? I have a three inch body lift and 1 or 1 1/2 inch add a leaf in the back. Haven't touched the torsion bar yet so can get an inch there I suppose.

This is my daily driver. About 160-200 miles a week to work. Won't see offroad very often but when I go it's normally dirt roads and coal mine access roads. Nothing rough really. (I like to enjoy the drive and sights, not worry about breaking or being stranded.) So I figure rubbing wouldn't happen, but whats your opinion? I think the 70 series would be too small. Would the 75 series be too big? Come on... I know you all have an opinion...
(Damn! It's 1:00, I gotta get to work!)

Old 01-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I would go with the 75 series and trim whatever it rubs on.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:20 AM

Yeah, since not all of us can afford a nice suspension lift . Just joking that's what I was debating on. As long as it doesn't rub during road driving I think I can make it untill I can do some trimming. Just wanted someones opinion on if it that extra 3/10th of an inch or so would cause a problem. The tread isn't real crazy so I feel good about it.

BTW, DAMN that's a nice blazer. So often people just slap together the first things they get thier hands on and it doesn't flow right.Both sets of wheels, the height; spot on. Just a very balanced, well planned and executed ride.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 AM

Thanks.. Took a few years of collecting parts before I was ready to do one complete install. As for the tire size, you are look at an 1" difference. 31's on a stock height truck will rub the fenders and will require some trimming. You can solve this issue by just purchasing some 2" shackles and cranking your t-bars a little. Use this site to mess around with different tire sizes.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Oh yea also remember that those camaro wheels are going to stick out a little which will cause the tires to rub on the fenders as well.

Last edited by nj4x4blaze; 01-12-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM

I know 31's rub at factory height, but I've got a 3 inch body lift and a inch or so add a leaf all ready on the truck. But If I need another inch I'll get my buddy to help with the shakles cause I've heard they are a PITA to change out.

Where the rims are 8 inch wide I figured they would stick out maybe and inch. I made sure I got the later model camaro wheels cause I know the 92 and back had more of a
2wd backspacing, and these are around the same as factory 4x4 backspace.
Thanks for all the input. I do appriciate it.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:26 AM

With that 3" body lift you should be fine with 31's. I know with second gens a 2" body lift will clear them.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 PM

Great, I'm motivated now. I've got the wheels loaded in the blazer and ready to go tommarow, err, this morning... Now I just gotta get some old sheets in the truck, so the old tires don't ruin my backseat.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 PM

Finally got tires!
I went with 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler TD's. Pics tommarow. They look like a cross between a MT and a AT. Look great with the camaro wheels. Had to crank my T-bars to get home cause driving anything but a straight line and they scrapped the fender flares like MAD. But I'm gonna trim the bottom of the flairs and lower the t-bars back down. Glad I went with the 75 series, they look perfect on my ride. (BIG, but perfect) Thanks alot NJ4x4!

Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM

Hurry up and get those pics. lol

Old 01-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Wink I promise, tommarow

I got the passenger side fender flares trimmed today, and removed the front valence. Now I just have to trim the drivers side flares and turn the t-bars back down. The guy at the tire shop cranked the bars so I could get home. I'm 6'1 and my hood is about level with my chest! It looks like a whole diffrent truck. I have never seen a s10 blazer around my town with anything over the 235-75-16. And only one s10 pick-up with trans-am wheels and BFG AT's. It got alot of attention just on the way home.
I sat in the driveway for about 45 minutes looking at it like

Quick Reply: 31x10.50x16? you choose (agian)