Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

32's or 33's

Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
MHPrior80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 32's or 33's

ok my zr2 is getting the 2.35 in lift shackels in the rear installed early next week followed with a 1 in or 1.25 in t-bar crank in the front...i really want to get 33's on the truck, will they work or would 32's be better, im only asking as i dont think i will have my body lift on in time when i need new tires, im at 96,000 on the originals and discount tire said i still have plenty of good tread, but i wanna replace them though asap. my rim size is 15x8.5 with a BS of 5 in. i know ill need to to trim the fenders and what not, i just need to know if i could stuff 33's under there till i get the body lift on? i dont plan on taking it off road anytime soon till i get the 2 in body lift on as well. thanx in advance

Old 06-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 32's or 33's

Any idea on when you'll get the body lift in? If you wanna get the new tires real soon and will get the body lift in within a month or two, I don't think it would hurt to crank the t-bars as high as you can just to fit the tires. Then, once the body lift gets in, ease off the t-bars a little bit.

Jigg has a ZR2 with 33's. All he has (for the front at least) is a 2" body lift and 1"-1.5" t-bar crank. At least, I think that's all he has... Maybe someone with a Z will chime on how much they will/might rub without the body lift

Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 AM
MHPrior80 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah more then likely it wouldnt be till winter, if i even wanna try to do it in the winter, kinda cold then...otherwise i save up and have the local shop do it for me for 1200.the tires, wheel bearing, shocks need replacing before i can do anymore lifting after the shackels. i guess im not really sure when ill be able to get to the body lift this year. i just know i dont want to spend money on 32's then after the lift, spend more money for 33s. just wanna buy 1 set of tires

Old 06-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

In that case, I would go ahead and get 32's. 33's will only give you a half inch of ground clearance and hit the fenders more often. Smaller tires will allow for more suspension travel

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the rough

Jigg also has the monroe air shocks that give him an extra 1' at their full inflation Not sure if he rolls with them at 90 psi all the time though.. Also Jigg did a serious amount of fender trimming for the 33's remember..

I would also recommend sticking with the 32s. It won't do you any good to have 33's if you can't go offroading anywhere because you're constantly hitting fenders and wheel well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.