Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

35" Tires on stock K5 suspension...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Beginning Member
1982blazed is on a distinguished road

Hey, I bought a set of used MTbaja claws , size 35x13.50r15's. I have a 6" lift to go on it, But I really want to try them without it to see what they can do... hopfully tomorrow. Anyways, If anyone has a picture of a stock older chevy with 35's, That would be awsome. But If you have tried it that would help aswell.. I just dont want to go and try and do it if I know they wont fit. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-28-2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Combining threads
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 AM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Yea, this is completly unrelated. You defininatly should start a new thread for this one.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to a new thread.

My 33's are tight with a 3" BL. 35's are definitely going to be a problem...

Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road

The biggest I had on my old stock 91 silverado were 31's and they rubbed the running boards so bad that I had to remove the running boards.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't sound like it would work. My '91 had 31s on it stock. I'm pretty sure 33's would have been close to rubbing, and I'm pretty confident 35s would rub. Thats a wide tire too. I would get them ready to go on for after the lift.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Beginning Member

Hey. Well I couldnt wait and I tried putting them on. They DO fit but they rub when the wheel is turned. A tiny, little bit of fender bashing would fix it im sure but I called and got an appoinment for the lift for this tuesday so I will just do very little driving for a few days. The back tires fit good but the backs of the front tires rub when the wheel is turned. Mind you the tires were already about 50% when i put then on which probly help with the rubbing a bit(extra 1/4-1/2 inch or so?). I put them on and went down the road and was really caught off gaurd by the death wobble! scary **** when your not expecting it haha. Anyways there in getting balanced and hope that will fix it!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

When you do the 6" kit be sure and install a raised steering arm as well as extended front brake lines. You may also need to lengthen both drive shafts as well as the vent tube hoses to the diffs.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Beginning Member

cool, thanks for the help. Do you know for sure if I will have to extend the rear drive-shaft? I heard when you change the pinion angle on the rear diff. it would be ok but I'm really not sure. Yea I was also told that I would have to extend the front shaft for sure.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

You're just gonna have to do the lift and see how far the rear drive shaft is extended. I have installed 6" lifts on 8 full size Blazers that I can remember and it was about 50/50. I have even had to extend the rear shaft with a 4" lift once.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Beginning Member

Really eh? Well thats odd, You'd think they would all be the same... Well I guess when you think about it different brands have different components which could vary different lengths and heights. Thats kind of surprising you had to extend on a 4" lift though! Alright, Well thanks for the help. Guess I'll just try it out!...

Quick Reply: 35" Tires on stock K5 suspension...?