Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which adapters should I get?

Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Which adapters should I get?

So I bought these rims for a jeep that I had bought but then sold. I cant return the rims and there dont seem to be a lot of people that want to buy the rims. So I figured I would use them. Being that they wont fit my ZR2 I was wondering if anyone would know which adapters/spacers I need to make these things work

Attached Thumbnails Which adapters should I get?-wghhbn2l.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Your idea goes into negative numbers. I think zr2 uses the same as 4x4 or 5.5/6.0 backspace 5on 4.75 bolt circle. These wheels dont have enough back space

Old 03-31-2013, 05:26 PM

So then just keep them posted for sale? lol

Old 03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

I have no idea what that other guy was talking about. Do you have a link where you bought those wheels at? Or do you have the backspacing number of them?

Edit: I'm an idiot. I just noticed the images. They are 4.5 inch backspacing. That is okay. You will need wheel adapters to make those work. You just need something like this.

Notice in the red box near the bottom "vehicle size" and then "wheel size." That can be tricky sometimes. But in this instance, it says vehicle size: 5 x 4.75 and wheel size 5 x 4.5. This is just an example.

*Here is one that should work. I'm pretty sure the first number is the hub and the second number is the wheel. Hopefully somebody can confirm this for me though.
Link*

**Word of caution, no shop will want to touch your wheels after you install spacers.**
**Make sure to torque to spec to make the spacers reliable.**

Last edited by tibby; 03-31-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:01 PM

How would you put 4.5 back space rims on an axle that needs 6" back space. The ZR2 is about three inches wider per side than 2wd

Old 03-31-2013, 06:27 PM
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Almost all aftermarket rims ran on s-series have a max of 4.5 bs. It just the most that most wheel makers make them unfortunately. I have a 4.5bs without issue along with a ton of people.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
How would you put 4.5 back space rims on an axle that needs 6" back space. The ZR2 is about three inches wider per side than 2wd
They don't "need" 6 inches of backspacing, that's just what came on the 4wds from the factory. The only thing putting wheels with 4.5 inches of backspacing does is widen the stance of the vehicle by pushing the wheels out of the wheel well more. In turn, it puts more stress on the suspension, but it looks freakin' awesome haha.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:34 AM

Ok, so if I order these
5 X 4.75 to 5 X 5.00 Wheel Adapter
I will be able to use the rims on my zr2? If so I will order these right now.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by slcblazer View Post
Ok, so if I order these
5 X 4.75 to 5 X 5.00 Wheel Adapter
I will be able to use the rims on my zr2? If so I will order these right now.
I can't speak for the quality of those adapters, but those would be the right wheel adapter. 5 x 4.75 at the hub/axle end to 5 x 5 at the wheels. Just be careful when ordering because some will say quantity 1 which doesn't tell you if that is 1 pair or just 1 adapter. Also, make sure to torque to spec to ensure reliability.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM

Wheels with one and a half inch too much off set plus an adapter with at least one and a quarter spacing equals 2.75. And then on an adapter of unknown quality onto little 12mm studs Then your gonna take it off road. Please dont drive your blazer within two hundred feet of me. I can see how bad azz you look with binoculars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which adapters should I get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.