Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Be Aggressive, B-E-Aggressive

Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Beginning Member
Bosgarage57 is on a distinguished road
Default Be Aggressive, B-E-Aggressive

Alright guys, I need new tires for the blazer, its a 01 4wd stock suspension. I would really like 31's or at least 30's but alas im a broke college student with another addiction called motorcycles. So stock tires it is (235/75/15 with the Monte Carlo SS rims I just got). WELL I called my local walmart and they said the Goodyear Wranglers were $440 mount n balanced. And I've seen reviews on here about them so I though what the Hey why not. Well I called another walmart in a county away (about 30 minutes drive) and they have them for $78 each, be 332+tx mount n balanced. Im gonna go with these. She said they were aggressive tires, what does that mean? Please no ooo the tires but have said something mean, or they came onto me strong lol

Do you all think that is a good deal? I sure do but your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Wrangler is just the brand. It's like how Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick are all brands of GM. Wrangler, Assurance, Fortera, Eagle are all sub-brands of the larger Goodyear Brand.

From a quick look on the goodyear site, there are 14 different models in the Wrangler line-up and I know of two others that are exclusive models not listed on the site.

$78/tire is a great price but without knowing which model it's hard to say if its really a 'deal'

Originally Posted by Bosgarage57
Please no ooo the tires but have said something mean, or they came onto me strong lol
I don't understand what that means lol

Here is an aggressive tread:

Here is a not-so-aggressive tread:

Old 12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Beginning Member

Ok, thanks for clarifying, I called them back and she couldn't tell me what model they were. What I was really wondering was what does aggressive mean? Is it gonna be loud on pavement (I really wont be offroad much, but I bought the car pretty much for snow/ice in the East TN winters). I don't really mind loudness either, and for $78 I'm fine with it.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

I got my tires from walmart and I bought the Goodyear Wrangler Radials, they were pretty similar in price so I would assume those are the ones they are talking about. They have have worked pretty well for me but the treadlife isnt all that great, I think it's like 30,000 miles. They are good on the pavement but tend to wanna break loose when the road is wet if you give it too much gas, but I can't complain for what they cost. Here's what they look like...

Last edited by Red 96'; 12-08-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Beginning Member

yea they are the radials, I'm gonna go ahead n get them as I'm here. They have a 50000 mile warranty.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have those tires on my 92 Blazer. They are fine on pavement. Have not had a chance to use them in snow or mud, but reviews suggest that they are hit or miss. Some people like them, some don't. For the price, they can't be beat though.