Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   american racing dished (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/american-racing-dished-52767/)

chidevildog 12-16-2010 09:49 AM

great! i just ordered me a set of cooper's discover atr

30/9.50/15's can't wait

BAM1369 12-16-2010 10:52 AM

Nice pickup on the wheels i was looking for a good deal on the same ones but came across ar23"s in stead and went with them.

My truck has the road noise i think you are talking about and when i was changing out my front brakes i noticed when i trun the hub by hand on the driver side it felt a little rough but not loose. Do you think its just the wheel berings or do i need to change the hole hub?

chidevildog 12-16-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by BAM1369 (Post 387858)
Nice pickup on the wheels i was looking for a good deal on the same ones but came across ar23"s in stead and went with them.

My truck has the road noise i think you are talking about and when i was changing out my front brakes i noticed when i trun the hub by hand on the driver side it felt a little rough but not loose. Do you think its just the wheel berings or do i need to change the hole hub?

ever since I got this truck it's been roaarrring/vibration hum while cruising in anyspeed.. I had an idea it was a wheel hub assembly.. Confirmed that 100% when I read some threads in this forum about it..

here's what i did:

I jacked up the front side. and with the wheels (bolted) i grab hold of the entire wheel and wiggled it up/down.. side to side.. I had a lot of play in both direction.. (driver side) the passenger side had no play..

I have an 4x4, IIRC 2wheel are different perhaps you can only change the "bearing" instead of the whole hub assembly.. the "guru's" can confirm this..

BAM1369 12-16-2010 11:04 AM

I dont have any play in mine, so im guessing its ok to assume its just the berings?

chidevildog 12-16-2010 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by BAM1369 (Post 387865)
I dont have any play in mine, so im guessing its ok to assume its just the berings?

don't take my word for it this is just my guess.. if you don't have any play on either hub.. i think it's something else? I did read a thread in this forum about some guy thought his hub assembly was fubar.. but he changed it and the noise was still there.. and later he found the culprit.. it was bad cv.. not quite sure if it was the upper or the lower.. i'll send you the link if i find it..

rob44_90 12-16-2010 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by chidevildog (Post 387870)
it was bad cv.. not quite sure if it was the upper or the lower.. i'll send you the link if i find it..

Do you mean it was a bad ball joint?? There are no upper or lower CVs, just axle CVs and a drive-shaft CV on our trucks.

chidevildog 12-16-2010 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by rob44_90 (Post 387893)
Do you mean it was a bad ball joint?? There are no upper or lower CVs, just axle CVs and a drive-shaft CV on our trucks.

:icon_doh: yes i stand corrected