Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

another one about wheels

Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Beginning Member
bclhaezveyr is on a distinguished road
Default another one about wheels

i'm knew to this site, so don't chew me out for this one. i have an 02 blazer 4dr. 4x4. i'm looking to put a 2" suspension lift and other modifications. i was looking at some 15x8 wheels that i like but the backspacing ond offset are way past stock. any suggestions?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if you want the 8" width try finding some zq8 rims from a blazer or s10 theyre 16x8 and have 6in backspacing so theyll stick out about 1.25" on each side(if i remeber correctly) or any other stock 2wd wheel from a blazer/s10 will give you a lil wider stance. btw what are the specs of the wheels ur looking at??

Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

Before...

After...

15x7's with 4 inch offest - Z85 suspension and no lift & no rubbing!

As you can see, it really turned the truck up a notch or two!

Old 04-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Beginning Member

the wheels i was looking at were 15x8 with i think 4.5" backspace and a +6.0mm offset. they were a cheapie cragar wheel. the soft 8's.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:38 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if you go with a 15x7 with that backspacing youll be fine.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Beginning Member

thanks. i was also thinking bout just getting 4 matching spare 15x7 and painting them. sounds dumb but they don't look to bad in black. just need center caps. also anyone know where i can find a swing out spare tire carrier??

Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM

a junkyard would prolly be the best place for the tire carrier, but it will require some hefty mods to get a 2dr swing out carrier to work on ur 4dr.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Beginning Member

thats what i figured. might just fab up my own design. or get a roof rack and put it on top like i've seen done so many times. what do u think bout the painted wheel idea ?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

The back spacing depends on how far you want the wheels to stick out. The tire carrier will require you to install bracing or steel backing to the inside of the sheetmetal where it mounts.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:11 PM

if you take the time and properly prep the wheels it will turn out just fine. and as far as the idea, to each his own, if it works for you and you like it i say go for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another one about wheels