Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Anyone Ever Got Wheels From Bone Yard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:16 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone Ever Got Wheels From Bone Yard?

Hey,

I was thinking about getting some wheels because I want to go with something different than my stockers. I have been checking craigslist for awhile and they don't really have much at this time. This is the best I could find right now. Clicky.

Has anyone had any luck hitting up the junk yard for wheels? If so, post up pics please? How does the whole wheel buying process work at pull-a-part? I thought the cars and trucks were sitting on the wheels?

Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

in my area the cars are sitting on the rotors/drums or steels.
they take the good wheels and stash them on the lot in some enclosure.
junk yard wheels might cost you as much as some nice aftermarkets to be honest.
i have had better luck with craigslist...hint hint where i got the camaro wheels.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, keep searching craigslist. Took me a while to find the 17x9 Camaro SS rims I wanted in non-chrome but when I did I snatched them up.

Also, the rims you linked are 5 by 5.5 bolt pattern and won't work. Ours are 5 x 4.75.

Are you looking for steel wheels or something with a little flair?

Old 10-17-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Yup, keep searching craigslist. Took me a while to find the 17x9 Camaro SS rims I wanted in non-chrome but when I did I snatched them up.

Also, the rims you linked are 5 by 5.5 bolt pattern and won't work. Ours are 5 x 4.75.

Are you looking for steel wheels or something with a little flair?
Whoops, I didn't double check the ad and thought it was a different lug size. Thanks for setting that straight. And I just want black steel if possible. I know a complete set of crager soft 8's is about $55 a tire. So a little over $225 for all. But the junkyard wheels at pull-a-part are $16 a wheel so you cut your cost big time. I have never searched the yard for any wheels though and didn't know if they kept them in a separate storage like Wart said or if they are out in the yard.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:40 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

I know pull a part here in Knoxville they strip the vehicles of any aftermarket wheels, shocks, lift kits, etc.. Before putting them on the lot and they sell them elsewhere.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

ive also questioned about pullaparts rims, but in ohio some of the cars sitting in the lot have the rims still on them. I wonder why they take some off vs leaving some on.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Here they all have them up on steels and all the rims are on them. I think your best bet is to check your nearest yard and ask them. They are all a little different.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
Here they all have them up on steels and all the rims are on them. I think your best bet is to check your nearest yard and ask them. They are all a little different.
Ok, I was going to goto pull a part Wednesday, so I'll ask them then.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Generally if they leave decent looking rims on a vehicle one is bent or broken, be careful.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Default .

What about this craigslist deal? Whatcha think for these? Link

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Got Wheels From Bone Yard?