Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

BFGS AT'ko

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BFGS AT'ko

Those tires are very good geting out of snow but stoping is a bit bad ... slides alot on corners mabe should invest on some winter tires or something...thanks

Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Beginning Member
TimmiT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: BFGS AT'ko

I would tend to agree. I got a new set of BFGs last year, and they did great in the snow for the most part. No getting stuck, but I thought they could have been better. Seemed like I would slide around a bit (and not just when I wanted to).

This year I have a set of studded snows, mostly to help in the icier conditions. It will probably be dry pavement this year heading to the slopes.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member

yeah i know they are good but slides a bit maybe less psi would be better... What tires you running now?hope they do better for yeah.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Beginning Member
TimmiT is an unknown quantity at this point

I went with Firestone Winterforce Studded. 235/75R15 I would say a big reason for the choice was the cheaper price.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....es&place=0

So far they seem pretty good. I had them out a couple times in the snow so far. I have yet to take them on a longer trip into the Rockies, just some trips around town. They seemed to be pretty good, although this is my first winter or studded tire, so I do not have a comparison to other winter tires. They definitely had some traction off the line in the snow, and almost magical with them in 4wd. Didn't really push the stopping and cornering, but they sure had traction for go. I think they will be a good investment.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Beginning Member

thats good soo ..you find a big diff compared to the BFG at. i guess they should be better thats y they called winter tires lol
thanks for ur replys..