Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Bought new tires today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Starting Member
96Ls4Dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bought new tires today!

Dayton Timberline A/T II 235-75-15
$86 each mounted and balanced.

Bad thing now is that they have so much tread that they rub a little bit on sharp turns

Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Bought new tires today!

ORIGINAL: 96Ls4Dr
Bad thing now is that they have so much tread that they rub a little bit on sharp turns
Nice, now you have a reason to lift!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:37 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

kinda weird that they rub, they shouldn't be.. same size tires i have and i have no rubbing. NOt that much bigger then stock.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: cliro
kinda weird that they rub, they shouldn't be.. same size tires i have and i have no rubbing. NOt that much bigger then stock.
x2, though mine aren't as aggressive as the ones you put on. No rubbing even before I cranked my T-bars to level out side to side.

EDIT: They look great though, how about a pic of them on your truck?

Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Starting Member

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer

x2, though mine aren't as aggressive as the ones you put on. No rubbing even before I cranked my T-bars to level out side to side.

They look great though, how about a pic of them on your truck?
Only drove it home from the shop but it sounded like they were rubbing somewhere.
(I do have 175K miles and probably original shocks)

Can't really lift it either, My wife's the one that drives it most and she's only 5ft2in. She has a little bit of trouble getting in now as it is.

Not gonna get a pic anytime soon my poor truck is sort of "sick" LOL Doesn't want pics untill it feels better. (Cleaned upand a new mirror instead of ductape over the hole)

Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

My guess is that it is just the sound of the more agressive tires at first on the pavement. There shouldn't be any rubbing as that is like a inch larger tire than stock, thats it.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Starting Member

235-75 is bigger than stock? I though the sticker said 235-75 on my doorjamb.

It's the same as I had on there before(though they were down to about 3/16 when I bought the truck) They were down to nothing on the outside of the fronts and probably 1/16 everywhere else.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:16 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

my guess that if you now have rubbing compared to b4 due to the amount of tread they have then you may have a wheel alignment prob.... Try getting the alignment checked!!! see if its out of whack...

Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Starting Member

Had it aligned today too.

Though they did it with the old tires on. Which I thought was odd.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: 96Ls4Dr
235-75 is bigger than stock? I though the sticker said 235-75 on my doorjamb.
If that's what your doorjamb says then that's what's stock. Stock tire size on my '00 was 235/70/15 and when I bought new ones I mistakenly put 235/75's on which are .9 inches taller (28.9" vs 28") but still not enough to cause rubbing issues.

Here's a good site to compare tire sizes: CLICK

Quick Reply: Bought new tires today!