Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Cooper Discover STT questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cooper Discover STT questions

Ok I have the Cooper Discover STTs on my truck now, but the tread is gettin lower than I like to run and one tire has a knot in it. Anyway the question I have is do they still make the STT and if so does anyone know where in Middle TN I can get some or will I have to order them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

They still make them. I had them a few years ago before they had siping. You should be able to find a tire dealer that handles Coopers no problem.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Starting Member

I found them on treaddepot.com but as far as local dealers listed on Cooper's website, I have called and all I get is "Oh.....Uhhh....you sure they still make those?, 'cause my computer shows we can't get ahold of any." So I guess I'll just order off of treaddepot.
By the way AJBert with the siping they are 100% better on wet roads than the earlier versions.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I'm thinking of getting some now that they have the siping. There were fantastic in the mud but not so much when it was just wet out. Plus, they seemed to have a pretty good tread life.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Starting Member

Yeah so far I've got about 30000 on them and they still grab and sling the goo

Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I know alot of people who have these around here, so they have to still make them. Is there a Farm and Fleet in your area? The one near me sells Cooper tires.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Starting Member

Not that I'm aware of and I've been to shops whithin about a 40 mile radius and none of the ones that claim to have cooper have the stt, they just try to sell me the mastercraft courser m/t and say it's the same as a cooper. I realize that mastercraft is made by cooper but dadgummit I want my stt's! lol

Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I had a set back in the early 90's on an '80 GMC Sierra Grand 4x4. Loud as hell on the highway, no conversations less than almost yelling lol. But they did shovel through mud & snow like there was no tomorrow. They have updated the tread a bit with siping & a center tread to help with the road noise. I now have a set of Cooper ST's on the blazer, great perfomance, not too loud & they still look agressive, though not as much as the STT's. If I knew they had taken care of the road noise I'd have gotten the STT's instead.

Last edited by Rottidog; 02-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Starting Member

Yeah they're louder now than when I first got them. But before they were relatively quiet, still louder than Buckshot mudders though. I like these tires the best of all the tires I have ran, just an all around great tire.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

shop around online, you may be able to find a place thats close & has good shipping.
this is a link from the bottom of the page here in BF

http://www3.shopping.com/xFS?KW=cooper+stt&CLT=SCH

Quick Reply: Cooper Discover STT questions