Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Crager chip repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:07 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crager chip repair

noticed i have a few chips on my rims and was wondering how to repair them.

just enamel paint and clear coat? or what do you guys do?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran

buuuump! nail polish?

Old 01-31-2011, 06:31 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I'd get a touch up pen.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

yup, sounds about right.

are we talkin' Crager Soft 8's? just wondering what colour your wheels are.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I found some touch up pens, but they don't ship to the frozen north. You should be able to get one at your local auto parts store.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran

yea, same thing as the soft eights or whatever. glossy black powder coat im guessing.

although where they do have chips its already rusty orange. Should I sand it before applying anything? really small spots to sand and id end up scratching surrounding area.

Ive never seen those pens. is it like a sharpie or something, or more like a paint marker? what comes out of it?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

if the chips are that small, don't bother to sand it, you'll cause more work like you said.

there is a product made for neutralizing rust. can't remember the name of it, but i've used it on a friends car he was restoring. i'll shoot him an email, ask him what the product is called.

as for the touch-up pens s14 was refering to, it's the same ones used in the body colour match pens (like the ones you get @ the dealers).

question. have you contacted Crager about any possible touch up paint for the wheels? not every black paint is "black".

Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

mine are getting fairly rusty, I was thinking of getting mine powder coated

Old 02-08-2011, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran

what about center caps????

im not sure whether mine are chrome, aluminum or what. but they are getting very rusty, any suggestions for those?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 PM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

You can buy a little sanding "pen" that allows you to sand very small areas without making a mess. then use a touch up paint marker. For your case go to GM and get black or Canadian tire and try out the paint pens there and see which black you think looks best.
I would offer powdercoating for you but I doubt you wanna spend around $250 for me to blast them and re-do them if they are just small chips.
I do have access to a tire machine and balancer to remove and remount your tires. Right now I am super busy though so it would be spring likely before I catch up.
Your center caps are likely chrome I could recoat those too with pc chrome but I would have to order it in.

Quick Reply: Crager chip repair