Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruisin' On New Skins

Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Cruisin' On New Skins

Yep got me some new tires yesterday here they are. BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/As
BFGs clicky1
BFGs clicky2
BFGs clicky3
BFGs clicky4

I thought they looked pretty good on the receipt too.Costed 450 U.S.Dollars stemmed, mounted, and balanced. I usually wouldn't buy tires from Sam's Club but I was in a bit of a situation. Couldn't afford the Goodyear Forteras I wantedbutI had to get something for our annual trip to the Scuppernong River this weekend. They areforcasting rain and I'm gonna be pulling a boat with bald tires...[sm=badidea.gif].

So far the drivability of the new tires is awesome and the ride comfort was awesome and they make absolutely no road noise.

I was looking at the BFG A/T KO tires and the only size available was 30x10.50x15 and I didn't know how well they would fit under my 2wd and then Itold myself"You have a 2wd!! You don't need mudders. They're too expensive too, and who ever heard of putting tires on layaway?!"

Post any questions about the quality of these tires!
Post your opinion about these tires!
PLEASE Post any bad experiences you've had with these tires!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:49 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cruisin' On New Skins

The tires look great man!...but I do have a couple unrelated questions....
1. Why did you go with long trails on a 2wd? You should have Radial TA's on that thing! Just My opinion...but like I said the long trails look good.
2. WTF!!! are those things on your GD hood!!!!!?????
LOL!

Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

They add 15 HP a piece, leave him alone lastcoupe!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:28 AM
BF Veteran

Original: lastcoupe
The tires look great man!...but I do have a couple unrelated questions....
1. Why did you go with long trails on a 2wd? You should have Radial TA's on that thing! Just My opinion...but like I said the long trails look good.
2. WTF!!! are those things on your GD hood!!!!!?????
LOL!
1. The only BFG's available to me were:
'Control Plus' ----which isn't availible in white letter.
'Radial Long Trail T/A's'----which I chose
'Rugged Trail T/A's'--- a little too offroad
'All Terrain T/A KO's'--- Way too offroad
'Premier' and 'Revelation'---Not availible in white letter.

2. The scoops? They were a bit of a practical joke really. I was talking one day about how I wanted a new hood with the carbon fiber lipped cowl and my mom boughtsome cheap fake scoopsand stuck them on there. I thought they looked OK but they gottago. I'll take them off soon.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:05 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I once had a set of the long trails, real good tire sale price. Decent tire. I liked them until I stepped up to the All-terrains.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

The long trails came stock on the ZR2 blazers for awhile. Those things last FOREVER. Seriously. There are so many guys that hate them for the sole reason that they won't go bald so they can replace them. They're a good road tire, but suck offroad.

The mileage you'll get out of them (some report 70,000+, which i believe. I have a set that's got 50,000 on them and still has 1/2 tread), is well worth the trade off if you don't wheel.

They look good, i think you chose a good tire for your application.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:44 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

They're a good tire for road driving... That includes mild gravel roads, as well, not the best if you have to deal with snow and ice, but far from the worst.

I've driven a few vehicles with them on, and they're not too bad...

Can't comment on the smoothness quality, as my city has horrible streets, and the only thing that makes a ride smoother is bigger tires so you don't fall in as many holes, lol.

And as for where you buy your tires... As long as they've got unlimited warranty, don't worry about it!

Old 05-25-2007, 08:36 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Ummmmm-those aren't hood scoops. Those are the little things they make to stick on your fenders. I see those things every time I go to the auto parts store. I would do it quick before the 3M tape really starts to set in. I hope my mom doesn't try that on me hahaha.

Oh and uh-you might want to try and aim your left headlight a little better. It looks kinda awkward to me. Tires look awesome though.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran

Its not only the left... Its aligned perfectly to the specifications, but I noticed the gap between the inside corners of the healights and the grille bar too. I think I'll try to get it to come down some...

Those scoopy goofs are gone... they are now on the golf cart and they look more at homethere so they didn't go to waste!!

Just put about 600 miles on those tires this weekend and I'm glad I have em! Went fishing.
They ride so good I slept on the way back... (was not driving)

Old 05-27-2007, 03:00 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

You'll have to realign them after you get them put back in properly

Either that, or they're built very very funky.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cruisin' On New Skins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.