Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Eh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Bravado is on a distinguished road
Default Eh?

The red is the line where it will be cut and the dashed line is the part that's gunna be gone...it gives the tire enough room to have full turn under compression until 5"....I think this will work, if all my thinking is and animation is correct; but yea... This isn't going to be an absolute offroad rig, but the bigger tires will help out at Silver Lake; which is the whole reason for it. So I can't see getting a massive lift if I don't need all the extra space. I know it's a ridiculous idea and setup...but I'm a ridiculous person I s'pose. :-D Just throw your 2¢ at me, and we will see if I have enough money to get a $1 cheeseburger by the end of the day.

Last edited by Bravado; 05-14-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you need about 7" of lift to run 33's with no rubbing, so i highly doubt that ur 3.5" of lift even with MAJOR trimming will work. i know Jason (wolfpack) has a body lift+ tb crank and shackles and im pretty sure he had to trim a bit and he has a 265/70/15 (about 30") so i wouldnt even bother with trimming just take ur fenders off that way you wont have to buy new ones when you figure out it wont work. if you really wanna run 33's take the time and save the money to do it right, ur idea is just ridiculus to me. thats my 2cents.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

also wat gears are you upgrading too??

Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 AM

Well, I have 3.73s in it now...

Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 AM

upgrading to 4.11's would be a good idea otherwise prepare to be very sluggish and lose plenty of mpg's.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 AM

I've thought about it...but my friends silverado with 36"s runs quick with 3.73s...so it's a V8 upgrade or 4.10s...dunno yet

Old 05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are only looking at it in 2D right now. So long as you do not mind always going in a straight line, you will have no problems. When you turn though, you will have major clearance issues both front and rear without at least a 6" lift. The firewall is VERY close on these trucks.