Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

finally some new wheels

Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 PM
-Z-
Beginning Member
-Z- is on a distinguished road
Default finally some new wheels

finally got some new wheels the rims are american racing iroc replicas 16x8 4.5" backspacing with a 0mm offset wrapped in mickey thompson mtz 305/70/16 (33x12.5x16") tires iv looked at a lot of post asking what backspacing to run on a 16" rim for a no frame rub and could never find a clear cut answer so for all those out there looking at this if your thinking about running a 16" wheel and are wondering what backspacing here is my set up my wheels stick out about 3" not too much to look ugly but just enough i have no rubbing on my frame or sway bar at full lock i did trim my fenders a little but its hrdley noticable like a lot of people say on here dont be afraid or pulling out the saws all i did and im lovin it bigger and better pics available for those interested

Attached Thumbnails finally some new wheels-185844_1842687625042_1176132585_2187811_4116489_n.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good. irocs are so great

Old 02-22-2011, 08:01 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like em. Look good

Old 02-22-2011, 11:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

agreed. can never go wrong rockin' the 'Roc's.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nice wheels, and I see you're fond of white trucks lol.

Are you running the 6" superlift?

Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
-Z-
Beginning Member

thanks for the compliments actually im running the rough country 4" suspension with a 2" body lift im seriously considering going with the 6" superlift though just to give it a little more lift anyone have any experiance with them

Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Those rims look awesome. Nice looking truck!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Trip.. is on a distinguished road

More pics!

I have been looking all night for some iroc pics mounted with anything other than a rubberband and this was the only pic I have found...

I am thinking about 285/75/16's (a touch smaller than yours) on my first gen with 3 inch bl and a tbar tweak with shackles.
More!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 AM
-Z-
Beginning Member

heres a few more any special angle you wanna see just let me know and when i decided on these rims i searched for a week on getting the best price and that was through summit racing for $636.75 shipped

Attached Thumbnails finally some new wheels-img_0028.jpg   finally some new wheels-img_0042.jpg   finally some new wheels-img_0026.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Trip.. is on a distinguished road

Really got some height with the lift and tires over the stock height (second pic) Looks fantastic!

Do you have any pics of the clearance between the tires and the fender? I am just wondering how much to cut. I have no problems bustin out the die grinder and gettin to work. Maybe a shot from above to see how much the tire sticks out past the fender, if it's not too much trouble?

I am going with a 3 inch bodylift with 3 inch shackles and cranking the t bars up all the way. I should be close to your height. I am going with a 1 inch narrower tire just because I am worried about clearing the frame and whatnot. It will never be taken off road, it's just for looking bigger than anyone else in the parking lot.

I wish I knew how far I can raise the front, the bolts are about 3/4 the way out, so I have 3/4 of the bolt to turn in. I am hoping for 2-2.5" I know everyone says not to crank them any higher than 1 1/2" because it kills the half shafts, but I don't have a front axle in mine so I can eliminate that worry. I need new balljoints and basically everything in the front end anyway, (250,000miles all original) so I figure, I'll lift it and drive it for a year to make sure everything is kosher, then I'll sell it. That was my intention when I bought it from Craigslist last year.

Do you have the lift with the new upper control arms and the indexing keys for the t-bars? That's the only "4" inch lift I know of. If so then I should be able to hit the same height with tbar crank and shackles.

Thanks,

Last edited by Trip..; 03-14-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally some new wheels