Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

getting 37 inch tires balanced!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Starting Member
blazinchevy89 is on a distinguished road
Default getting 37 inch tires balanced!!!!!

where can i go to get my 37 in. tires balanced???? any help would be great

Old 03-06-2010, 02:48 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

@ a local tire shop.

kinda hard to tell you where to go (ok maybe not!) when you don't include your location in your info in the upper ight corner of your post.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:26 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

you need to find a tire shop that does Road Force Balancing.
Hunter makes the road force balancer.

Click the link, read through it, and then find the location nearest you buy clicking the link in the upper right hand corner of the main page.
http://www.gsp9700.com/

Large tires may or may not balance, hell any tire may not balance and there a host of reasons why.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:28 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Every place out here won't touch any bigger then a 35 inch tire. Don't know why. My buddy has the same machine and it will do 38s

Old 03-06-2010, 12:31 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

try a truck tire place

Old 03-06-2010, 12:43 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

As mentioned, large diameter tires can be difficult balance, and to keep in balance. Try a shop that works on medium and/or heavy duty trucks. If all else fails, try a home style bubble balancer. It may be cheaper in the long run to buy a bubble balancer as you may find it necessary to balance often. There is a lot of rotating mass there, so they tend to go out of balance easily.
Are you mounting these on a S series, or a K series?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm going to assume a K series TJ

Old 03-06-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by oktain
I'm going to assume a K series TJ
Me too, but I asked cause I wanna see an S series on 37's!

Back in the day when lifting trucks was all the rage, we used to have the Chevy rims cut in half and widened to fit 44 Hawgs, the biggest street legal size in NY at the time. The wheel weights were literally the size of hot dogs, and we used several of them on most rims as those big meats were very hard to balance. Two of the coolest trucks I help build was an '79 I think Chevy Luv, the grand daddy to the S series trucks. We stuffed a built 350 in it... the Hooker headers had to be welded together since one tube goes around the outside of the frame. It also had K series axles, not shortened, and 44" Hawgs. It was a bitch to see that you were not running over the Geo in front of you. LOL. The second was my buddies all chrome Jeep, lifted and riding on 39" Dick Cepeks. Everything was chrome, including the leaf springs, shackles, drive shafts, transfer case, brake calipers, engine parts, every nut & bolt, even the freaking body was chromed! Everything that could be dipped in chrome was. It was a biotch to wash & wax. As you may have guessed, it was a shine & show truck only, so it never was off road.

Last edited by LuvMyTJ; 03-06-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...=balancing+bea
try that, balancing beads might be the easier answer & every few hundred miles just whap the tires with a hammer to loosen them & drive for a bit to re-balance the tires as they wear

<edit> I'm guessing it's an 89 blazer the OP is asking about... you know "blazinchevy89"?! lol
just my smartass observation

Last edited by Rottidog; 03-06-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I'm guessing it's an 89 blazer the OP is asking about... you know "blazinchevy89"?! lol
just my smartass observation
And... that still doesn't clear up if it is an S or K series. The S series was made from 1983 - 2005. The K series was made from 1960 to 1999. How does stating it's an '89 Blazer clear that up? Guess your a$$ isn't so smart after all.

Quick Reply: getting 37 inch tires balanced!!!!!