Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

good tire for a good price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Starting Member
jacobcnc is on a distinguished road

50,000 Mile Goodyear Wrangler Radails. At Walmart 60 Bucks each. Cheapest AT Ive found yet and they do quite well in my opionion

Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 AM
Beginning Member
theclothedcreature is on a distinguished road

eh, just getting your opinons. maybe there is a good tire for cheap but i think i'll save for a couple more months and go all out on some michelin ltx m/s. thanks.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:11 AM
Beginning Member

i have goodyear wrangler rt/s now, and the side walls are rippled. every goodyear tires i see (i work at a body shop and we do alot of police/government vehicles) have ripples in them. i hear this is common among goodyears...

Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=DSMayo;292344I would stay away from Kumho anything! My ex had a set of their all seasons and wore them out within 4-5 months. I've personally never heard anything good about that brand..[/QUOTE]

My friend had Kumhos on his Jimmy before he sold it and I know that the present owner drive 200+ miles round trip to Chicago at least once a week and drives it around town all the time. The tires have been on there for close to a year and a half and the only noticeable tread wear is from his bad alignment. Same with mine, the only reason that mine wore down so fast is because nobody can get my truck in alignment. Both the MTs that I have and the ATs my friend has preform very well. In my opinion, my MTs are better than all of my friends MTs, even BFG MTs that my friend has on his K1500.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
you can get those for $80?!?!
I got mine for $87.00 each. I think they are $97 now. but hay for a few extra bucks you get a really good AT tire.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

x2 on the RT/S's being asolute trash

Old 01-30-2010, 12:23 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by theclothedcreature
eh, just getting your opinons. maybe there is a good tire for cheap but i think i'll save for a couple more months and go all out on some michelin ltx m/s. thanks.

an amazing tire in the "LT" line (LT235/75/R15). great for the road-dry or wet-no complaints. not too bad in the snow, but not great (wouldn't go through anything deep er than 5 or 6 inches with them though), and not too bad for tread wear. i ran through the ones on my LB in 3 years, had about 120K on them (roughly 75000 miles).

i've had them on my '78 LB, my first 'Burb, and currently waiting for Spring, so i can pull out my diesel 'Burb, and put them on it as well.

nice 'n quiet as well.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Beginning Member

yeah a friend at the tire store told me the ltx m/s's last 100k, maybe more if i baby them...

Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

thats longer than some blazers...

Old 05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Beginning Member
XtreemeBlazer is on a distinguished road

Has anyone put on 235/75 R15 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac, Dunlop Radial Rover R/T, or BFG T/A KO. Just want to know whats the best buy. Its a lot of money to put on tires but want to make a good choice. Don't want to spend that much money again in a long time. Want some long lasting tires that's good on road and off.

Quick Reply: good tire for a good price?