Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Goodyear Duratrac review - Lengthy, but worth it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 AM
aced411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
remember the old saying, "you get what you pay for". what did you pay for them?

personally, i think the Michelin LTX M/S are pricey-but worth every last cent!

i've bought tires & tried to save $100 on the cost, settling on another brand (by no means a cheap knock-off), but was greatly dsappointed by the performance, and this was a street tire. i couldn't imagine paying for a tire that sucked off-road as well.
LOL I didn't mean to say they were pricey twice.... yeah I am a strong believer in that concept. I ended up owing $770 out the door (including siping at $11 a tire). They really do look good. I used to run Toyo M/T's on my Xterra and the look is similar without all the drawbacks of a mud tire

Old 07-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Starting Member
mansfield1911 is on a distinguished road
Default I'm sold

I'm sold!

Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

ive had My duratracs going on 7,000 miles...this review pretty spot on I may add. So Kudos to you trav.

But here's my input. First my specs...then my examples:
It's all down in the sig for my car specs...
now my examples, i had the a/t BFGs on my old jeep, great all around tires, BUT they performed bad on snow, sand, and cornered very tight, but lasted a LONG time.

Now for the Duratracs...Freaking amazing. Yes they hum like a M/T tire. But drive like a A/T. Street wise, they flex with corners so turning has to be a bit slower and easier. They stick like wax to the asphalt. My only con street wise, is the fast wear and tear. The duratracs are an extremly soft tire ment for colder climates, I live in so-cal, so some pretty high all season temps. Now I have driven about 5 300-600 mile trips since I've had them, Not one problem. I've driven them to Pismo Dunes, Big Bear, and just recently Las Vegas...never a problem.

OFFROADING-has worked for me on every type of surface known to drive on! I've driven on ice...no problem...mud is nothing, it floats over sand, and has a great bite on regular dirt trails. While also working great going over rocks and creeks :P

For me it has been a great tire, I only paid $520 for 4.

Hope this helps.

P.s-the these tires never have a shiny black color, unless you waste 20 bucks a week on tire shiner, lol...i gave up, they look better dirty

Old 08-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Starting Member
Z71_Guy is on a distinguished road

I work at a Goodyear dealer and we have a customer who has just over 45,000 miles on his duratracs and still have around 6-7 32nds left have not gotten a complaint on these tires yet, only reason i have not put them on the DD is i dont get the employee buy on these so i settled on the silent armor but will be putting the duratrac on my 85 K5 or the new MT/r depends on how im feeling that day

Old 08-03-2010, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I love my Silent Armors

So far all of my experiences with Goodyear tires has been nothing short of superb. If I had a trail rig they'd probably see a set of these tires.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Z71_Guy
I work at a Goodyear dealer and we have a customer who has just over 45,000 miles on his duratracs and still have around 6-7 32nds left have not gotten a complaint on these tires yet, only reason i have not put them on the DD is i dont get the employee buy on these so i settled on the silent armor but will be putting the duratrac on my 85 K5 or the new MT/r depends on how im feeling that day

those are my #1 pick for my new hoops that are going on my '98.

had any input on those ones yet?

i know, i know........a shameless plug for free info.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

Got these on my ls 4 door. Mega bad a§§. Ima put up some pics. Look n sound sweet. Worth the money paid.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to post up that I have 45,000 miles on these tires and have not had a single issue. I've kept them balanced and rotated, currently sitting at 9/32s - Wow! The Goodyear guy uses my truck as a commercial for potential buyers, since I work right next door to a Goodyear dealer. Amazing tire!

Just curious though, if that bigger size Dbam31 is running might be why his are a little louder than mine. Just curious. ( -8

Anywho, these tires ROCK and will always be put on my rig!

Truck's sitting at 228K Miles now - not what sig states! LoL

Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for the update Travis.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine in Oct. and they are great!! Only had to use 4x4 once this winter so far and that was in 10" of snow! With my old BFG Longtrails I was throwing it 4x4 with 1" of snow on the ground. They have a slight "hum" as your going down the road but turn the radio up on notch and you don't hear a thing.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Duratrac review - Lengthy, but worth it.