Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Got my 30s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Got my 30s!

That's not too bad... I'll have to find another way to do it, though...
2 door is me, lol

though, I think for a ground, I'd try the roof rack screws...

Old 03-27-2007, 10:44 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh 30" tires....lol! I thought rims! I was all excited! LOL!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

lol, if I had a 2wd, I'd consider trying to shove something like that under there...

If I can't get ahold of another Lumi, then I'll be shoebox shopping, lol

Old 03-28-2007, 02:02 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

Damn, why didnt I think of that?!?! Would have made life a little bit easier....[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Tires look great!

IMO, nitrogen in tires it is a waste of money. Seeing as how our atmosphere is composed of roughly 78% nitrogen already... There are some benefits, but the topic of nitrogen in tires is something for a separate thread.
I think its a waste of money too. I spesifically asked is there any other charges when I got the price. Then I go to pay the bill and they ad like 3 different charges. Then tell me that I need to replace pretty much my whole front end parts (wheel bareings, idler arm etc.) I know all of that was fine though because I had it at my mechanic just that morning.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:46 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: iceflames11

Damn, why didnt I think of that?!?! Would have made life a little bit easier....[sm=headbang.gif]
You're just not as lazy as I am, that's all... Less work to run only one wire through the truck...

ORIGINAL: BLK85

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Tires look great!

IMO, nitrogen in tires it is a waste of money. Seeing as how our atmosphere is composed of roughly 78% nitrogen already... There are some benefits, but the topic of nitrogen in tires is something for a separate thread.
I think its a waste of money too. I spesifically asked is there any other charges when I got the price. Then I go to pay the bill and they ad like 3 different charges. Then tell me that I need to replace pretty much my whole front end parts (wheel bareings, idler arm etc.) I know all of that was fine though because I had it at my mechanic just that morning.
My nitrogen tire filling is free... All I can really say is, the tire PSI has always been more stable, and doesn't change as much when the temperature drops...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah, I know, double post, but since editing doesn't bring it to the top, or notify people... or doesn't notify me anyway, I figured this was better than starting a new topic...

Question of the moment: Since I have the spare inside the vehicle... can I fit a taller tire in there? otherwise I might as well take that, and the jack and such out, since I can't use the spare anyway...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No problem on the double post as this really isn't the case simply due to the time between posts.

Anyway, have you thought of removing one of the tires on the truck and just seeing if it fits in the back? Might be a quick easy check.

But someone else here probably has tried it and will know.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
BF Veteran

I was hoping someone had tried since mine are going to be wet, lol.

I don't know if the tire holder can even hold a normal sized tire, as mine is inside the trick and a donut...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah... If it's a donut, then chances are it won't work.

You could take some measurements with a tape measure just to check...

Quick Reply: Got my 30s!