Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hankook winter i-pike

Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
randy anderson is on a distinguished road
Default hankook winter i-pike

i put on hankook winter i-pikes at start of winter in north wisconsin, im an avid slab crappie assassin and we had hood deep drifted snow at times.....long story ,short...i would do a commercial for them if they would just give me another set of them. never had tires like these and i been drivin for 38yrs

Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 AM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

I bought a set of i-pike RC01 for my cavlier couple winters ago. The tread on em made the car (a lowered car) unstoppable in snow, didnt add studs and tires were fine on ice. Great for gravel as well but quite soft on dry pavement. I would highly recommend these tires to battle the snow on any car.
They are passenger tires so I donno about the load ratings or how long they would hold up with the weight of a blazer or truck.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 AM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

At one time snow tires were the norm
Many people now use an "all season"
My wife has never drove in the winter without snow tires and can not understand why people have so much trouble getting around
I put a very agressive tread Hercules Avalanche Xtreme snow tire on for the winter for her
I find a lot of "snow tires" are actually an ice tire , and can not handle deep snow or slush very well because of their tight tread

Quebec Canada made snow tires mandatory a couple years ago , here they are optional still but only Northern Ontario can run with tire studs

Last edited by rexazz2; 04-28-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

We put a set of the new hankook optimo 4s on my moms mini van. The new all weather, did not let us down this winter. Only half the tread is a winter design so as expected they are about halfway in between a full winter tire and all seasons. The real bouns is not swapping tires. They work real good for slush and seam stiff enough for summer with big shoulder blocks. For a place like Calgary with always changing weather I'd say they are worth looking at, and do have mountain symbol so they should be legal in Quebec