Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

help with off road look

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Basic Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help with off road look

i know its been explained countless times but i just cant seem to find the information im looking for even with the search button.

im looking for that aggressive off road look with the tires jutting out the sides of the truck. im getting new rims and tires soon for my blazer and i just put on a 2 in body lift. i was thinking 30's so i can still off road and im going to probably get some mickey thompsons rims and rock crawler tires. just need help with the width. and any suggestions

Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM
lene 98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: help with off road look

you can put 30x10.5 50 15

Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
robbiegamble is an unknown quantity at this point

just stuck a set of 30x 10.50 super swampers on my blazer today! 4.5" backspacing. no rubbing anywhere! i didnt even lift mine! all stock.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You have a special situation apparently. I can show you 30x10.50x15s on 4.5' bs rims that rub with 4' of lift.

The only thing I can figure is that the super swamper radials run narrow. The 30x9.5 is only 7.9' wide. So if that same pattern holds, your 30x10.50 is not actually 10.50 wide..it would be more along the lines of 9.5.

Which makes sense, because for 99% of the other blazers out there, 30x9.5 is the largest you can run on stock rims, much less on a 1.5' wider stance.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:18 PM

yeah i think your right wolf, i tried flexing my truck a little farther today and i just barely rubbed on the lip of my fender. so its not quite perfect but its close. nothing a sawzall cant handle, lol.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Basic Gamer is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so around the 30 in then i just want it to stick out an inch past the fenders if possible

Old 02-16-2009, 12:09 PM

well here is my advice, dont use the measurements off the side of the tire. look up the actual specs on the tire. if its over 30" its gonna rub off road or during articulation, like climbing over curbs or threw ditches. in order to get the wider stance you need backspacing, a stock 4x4 uses 6" if you get 4.5" it will stick out nicely on the front but the rear end will have a narrower stance due to axle width. i was told the rear end is 2" narrower than the front end so depending on what you want it look like...to make all 4 wheels stick out i recommend using 4.5" on the front and 3.5" on the back (this will make them stick out evenly). its up to you.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Rather than getting different rims front to back, I would recommend running spacers in the rear to line up with the front. At least then you could rotate your tires to get the maximum life out of them without pulling them off of the rim.

Also, be aware that pushing out the tires may cause rubbing as well.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:15 PM

yeah thats a good point, do that!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
blazr2/99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2dr blazer zr2 and i rubbed sooo much with 31x10.50 15 when i put my mickey thompson classic II rims on it rubbed sooo much i needed to trim the front fender wells and get a 2in bl now its perfect.

Quick Reply: help with off road look