Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

help with tire decision

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default help with tire decision

ok im looking into the BFG A/T's or the Nitto Tera Grapplers......anyone have opinions, experiences, etc they could share??

Old 02-06-2007, 03:05 AM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: help with tire decision

I had BFG's A/T... best set of tires I ever bought. Great in even the snow and ice.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:18 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

BFG< all

Try general grabber 2's they are a direct comparison to BFG A./T's and are cheaper and actually outperform the bfg a/t.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:39 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

BFG AT for me.
Its snowing here and I just dropped the wife off at work. I was passing everyone and was not slipping at all in the 1/2" of snow. I was the first off the line at every light. Last snow storm we got was 8" and I was pushing and pulling poeple out of the ditch and off the main streets all day long, on BFG AT with 50,000 miles on them.

IMHO, its hard to beat the best All-Terrain tire made. They have like 20 consectutive Baja 1000 wins. Yep, the very same tire you buy at the store is winning off-road endurance races. Check out BFG site and see why these tires work. You can buy a cheaper tire and be satisfied with them if you would like. However you asked my opinion, and I added some personal expierence.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i am liking the BFGs.....i like the look and from what im reading they are awsome. Im thinking about a 2" body lift so i can do 31s. Do you think its worth it or should i just leave everything alone and do 30s?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't like the body Lift then just do shackles in back and a slight crank of the T-Bars and you'll fit 31's (so I'm told) In the summer (if money allows) I am doing a T-Bar crank and shackles and a body lift so I can rum 32x11.50x15 on stock rims

Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

What tire pressure do y'all run your BFG's at? same as what the door says? (whatever that is... I haven't checked yet...)

Old 03-22-2007, 03:43 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

run the 30's..... forget the BL....... I run the 30's and do not run them at the pressure on the door..... the pressure on the door seems to leave them underinflated and the sidewalls sag..... Ther max PSI on the 30'" BFG is like 55lbs... I run mine at about 45 I think.... im not positive, I know it is more than the pressure on the door.... That pressur eis for optimum ride quality, My blazer is not my DD so I dont care about ride quality...lol this is why I am cranking my t-bars... my blazer is only driven about 15 miles a week right now.. haha

detroit muscle i believe has had bad experiences with the BFG AT. there are a few other members who have also had bad experiences.. I do not personally know anyone running them who does not like them.... I have a friend who opted for the grabber at2's and we are constantly pulling him out of mud... but who knows... hes probably just a terrible driver.....get what u like, looks, performance, its up to you. buy according to your driving style... if you off-road hard... alot... you will not be satisfied with any AT... get an MT tire...

Old 03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
te44ible01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant Go Wrong With BFG's.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I've read that as long as you rotate the heck out of the BFG's, they last forever... Which is good, 'cuz I have mine on the way, lol

Quick Reply: help with tire decision