Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

How to reset shift pts. and speedo for bigger tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't got around to looking into changing it. My speedo is exactly 10mph off, so it's easy to drive with it the way it is. If it was 7-8 mph off, I would forget and get in trouble. I do plan on doing this soon, just not a huge priority right now. More concerned about fixing the tire rub on the back of the front fenders right now . Doesn't happen often, only when turned and going up hill or in a dip, but I want it fixed! ha ha.

Blazers. Be. Kewl, the DIP switches will fix your speedometer, and odometer readings only if I remeber correctly. For shift firmness you should look into a shift kit or possibly corvette servo's. (If they work with our transmission, I know alot of people use them but I haven't read alot about them.)

Kyle (Swart) will chime in AKA if I'm wrong. heh

Old 01-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually just did this today. It was surprisingly easy if you're willing to put a day into it. And if you're not very good at soldering, get someone who is. It's just not worth messing up the board. The module for me was located directly behind the passenger side air vent near the door. You can only get to it by pulling off the trim underneath the dash on that side. And then you remove the screw that holds a steel tab that is visible after the trim is removed. The tab holds the ECU (ECM?) in place and the module you are looking for is attached to the side of it. The equation in the article didn't come out to quite the correct number (though it could have been due to worn tires/rounded numbers/ etc.) but it's so easy to adjust after you've soldered in the switches that you can just change them up to whatever you need. I had to move up about 6 places until my speedo was dead on. I compared it to a GPS. Would anyone be interested in a write-up with pics?

Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 AM

I figure a write up with pics couldn't hurt. Espically for people like me that are capable of doing things, they just like to see others do it first. I've had a TB spacer for like 2 1/2 monthes and I know it's easy to install, just nobody has told me just how so. I wrote one up about how to make a airaid intake for a fullsize truck fit ours, nobody has commented but at least your sharing your knowledge and experience. Which is what this site is all about. Summary: If you feel like it, do it. It will help others, if not then it will help me! BTW, glad it worked out for you.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:49 PM

Ok, I'll do a write-up. It may take me a few days, my dash is still in pieces... How I hate rain.. I have a few pics already, but they're only the ending steps. I'll take pics as i put it back together. This will definitely help you ImScrewed92. It should be the exact same process. Of course, you could be unlucky and have the part in the other location as Swartlk said.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:14 PM

No rush on the write up. I'm looking into a gear change with my income tax money (should have in about 2-3 weeks.) So I'm gonna wait untill after that. With my luck it will be a part of the instrument cluster, but I can hope for the best! I hear ya on the rain, been raining all weekend here and got to fix my amplifier ground, but didn't get to install my turndown on my exhaust.

Debating on a way to have a turndown on the muffler, and still pass state inspection that requires exhaust to exit outside the body behind the rear wheel. Maybe run a turndown untill inspection time, then remove the turndown (like a bolt-on) and run a piece of flex pipe from muffler to factory tail pipe over the rear axle. Just cut a section out for the turndown and leave the rest mounted in place. They don't look under the vehicle 99.9/100, they just put thier hand over the exhaust opening and feel that the exhaust is exiting there. Then remove the flex pipe and re-install the turndown for another year. That might be my plan next weekend, getting inspection tommarow morning. Man, hijacking my own thread!
tires, vssb, speedometer only Josh

Old 01-31-2010, 04:12 PM

Here you go Imscrewed92. Good luck! Questions/suggestions let me know.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...642#post293642