Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Idiot question

Old 07-07-2009, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Idiot question

Is the backspacing on the Xtreme wheels 4"?

These:

Brother's friend wants to put them on his 94-97 Camaro RS. I know bolt pattern will work but what about offset and backspacing? Spacers needed or is this completely out of the question?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

all the 2wd wheels are 4.5"BS i beleive.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

if i`m not mistaking the camaro wheels have a much larger Back spacing, if i had one of mine off my truck i`d get the measurement for ya, but i no have any off ..I think i have a tire and wheel website for my truck lemme look to see if the info is there.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2002XTREME
if i`m not mistaking the camaro wheels have a much larger Back spacing, if i had one of mine off my truck i`d get the measurement for ya, but i no have any off ..I think i have a tire and wheel website for my truck lemme look to see if the info is there.
That would be much appreciated. I tried searching LS1tech and found one thread where a guy wanted to put them on his car but he got flamed and never really got anywhere with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that the RWD car apps were around the same BS as the 4wd s-series (6")...

Old 07-08-2009, 07:16 AM

I found this am that the BS is -4 hope this helps ya..

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...eelOffsets.jsp

Last edited by 2002XTREME; 07-08-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:32 AM
BF Veteran

Ok now a REAL idiot question...Are the above style rims 15x7 or 16x8? I found a resource showing the following:

"1993-2000 Camaros and Firebirds
16-inch: 16x8 with 6-1/2-inch back-spacing front, 16x9 with 61/2-inch backspacing rear. Use tires with an aspect ratio of 50 or less with a section width of 255 front, 275 rear."

SOURCE

So he SHOULD be able to run them with 2" spacers?

Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

If stock wheels are 6.5" BS, the 4-4.5" BS of the blazer wheels will push wheels out. Spacers would push them further out.

I thought all xtremes were 16x8 but I am unsure of any exact measurements.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran

Ah, so they will stick out 2" past his current rims. Gotcha.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:22 PM

The wheels on the Xtremes are 16x8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Idiot question