Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets See Some 4x4's!!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 PM
throttlesteer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lets See Some 4x4's!!

Lets see some 4x4's with aftermarket wheels! I'm wanting to get a set of wheels for my new Jimmy for the summer time (I'll be keeping the stockers for winter use) and I'm finding the selection to be a little scarce. How about some of you guys that already have them on yours post them up and share some ideas with all of us? Thanks!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 09:19 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lets See Some 4x4's!!

mybuddy has the same problem w/ his 4x4, wheels for a 2wd will fit yor blazer, only they wiil stick out like 2' more than stock. that what he done. they look pretty good

Old 04-09-2007, 09:38 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

These rims are up for grabs right now if anyone is interested. This was my blazer before I got my truck

Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't limit yourself to just S10- wheels. Firebirds, Trans Ams, Corevettes all have the same bolt pattern. 5 on 4.75". Check around GM put them on numerous vehicles.

On a 4x4 stick to around 5"-6" of backspacing. When you push thetire out via less backspacing you start pushing the tire into the rear of the front fenders. Even stocksized tires like to rub then.

For example
16"x8" Firebird wheels.
http://offroadworld.tenmagazines.com...nr3/148300.jpg

Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

I went with black rims too.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:50 AM
throttlesteer is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand that "some" of the F-Body wheels will fit along with numerous others, its just a matter of which ones. I liked the C6 5spoke wheels and did some math to see if they would fit. I've got the exact measurements at work but I believe the stock backspace is something like 5.67 inches and the C6 wheel offset for 18x8.5in wheels was 6.37, which is too much backspacing and they'll rub.

I'd like to get a set that doesn't stick out much if at all, doesn't rub on the inner fenders, and doesn't require spacers. Although there are believers out there, I'm not confident in the use of spacers on my vehicles. I've never had to use one before in order to make a set of wheels work and I'd just as soon sell a set of wheels that didn't fit and get a different set that fit properly.

ceanern, I'm not really the offroading type but I do really like the stance of your Blazer with those wheels on it. Looks nice!!! That said, I use the 4-wheel drive primarily for the winter months here. It's nice in the summer but it also snows very hard during the winter months and sometimes 4wheel drive is a must-have.

I'd really like a set of 18x8's or 18x8.5's in chrome with the proper backspace. I'm looking to spend no more than $1000-$1200 on wheels and tires together (used wheels are an option too) which makes the GM takeoffs a viable option as well. I do like the chrome Camaro SS wheels made from 98-02 but those are really the only ones that caught my eye. Any other suggestions??? Thanks!

Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Kellen is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

Kellen who's themanufacture ofyour wheels. Also are they 15" ,do you know the BS or offset. I'm looking for a set like that,something close to factory spec. BS. Thanks Zero psi I like yoursto but I think the BS would cause me to tare off a flare.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Kellen is an unknown quantity at this point

They are ProComp rock crawlers. 15x8, with 6.5 inches backspace i think.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

Zero psi.... I love your wheels, where'd you get them???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lets See Some 4x4's!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.