Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Lifting without lifting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:30 PM
mhollis is on a distinguished road
Default Lifting without lifting?

Im thinking of replacing my stock tires for something a lil bigger. I still have the stock rims on my 05 base blazer. I dont do much off road, just the occasional play in the muddy trails on my way camping. But i want to lift my truck a little but i dont want to get a lift kit yet as new tires are needed to drive before that can come. So i need recomendations on tires that will fit on the stock rims but still give me a little lift and are good for use on and off road. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:38 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

without a lift you may be able to get by with 30's.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Do you have any suggestions on a specific tire? one you prefer over another.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:51 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

BFG's and Firestone are two very good brands, but if you go to tirerack.com youll be able to read reviews on just about every tire out there.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 AM

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....rrain+T%2FA+KO

I was thinking of getting these BFG All terrain t/a ko's, but will the 30x9.5 fit on my stock rims?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

They'll fit your stock rims no problem.

(Mike... you still looking for ZQ8's? PM me and I can help you out.)

Old 07-25-2009, 12:22 PM

I found some 31x10.5 r15 for pretty cheap. Will these fit with no problems with turning or anything without lifting the truck, or will i have to get a little body lift for it?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I have 31's might be pushing it a bit. I have 30x9.50 on my truck, and they're fairly close..so going with something like a 31x10.5 might be cutting it close. You'd probably be looking at some rubbing.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:25 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

You'll needa 2" body lift to fit 31's. w/o having rubbing issues. 30X9.5 is as big as you can go without getting a lift.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:47 PM

alright thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Lifting without lifting?