Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

The long road to 31's on my LS!

Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Beginning Member
Dustyrandall is on a distinguished road
Default The long road to 31's on my LS!

Hey guy's I got a 05 4x4 LS and I been searching out this topic for over a year. So according to everyone on here which i think are reliable guy's, to get 31's on the stock blazer when your always broke for cash, First I found the Torsion Bar crank and ran out to the drive way and did that, I drove to the 4x4 shop to get shakles and it was vibrating i guess your suposed to get an allingment anytime you mess with the ride height, anyway's so there was no shakles for an 05 so they fabed up to shakles together to make 2" lift in the back, so now i'm sitting at 2" above stock front and back, next is the wrangler territory tires they only come in 1 metric size 31x10.5R15 coincidentally this is the exact and only size largest you can fit on stock rims with minor rubbing at full lock and big bumps unless you body lift or trim which are both cheap and or free and alow for up to 33's on up to 15x10's but alot of triming involved when your rims stick out past stock, so anyway's i'll post a pic when the 31's are on next week. Bla bla bla inconclusion.

tb crank, shakles, allows 31's on stock rims, I think. This would put us at 4 inches above stock ride height and 2" bl would make it 6 inches above.

ps Will let you guy's know if this works or not and if there's anything else involved once the tires get here. wish me luck.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Good luck fitting them! I'm almost certain you will need to at least trim your fenders a bit. You will also probably rub on the frame and/or possiby the sway bar with 31's on stock rims. I have the same tires you are getting on a 15x8 wheel with 4.5" bs and I had to do a ton of trimming even with the tbar and shackles and like I said in another post I still rub all the time. And as for your statement about fitting 33's you may want to do a bit more research on that. I know warthogdriver has 9" of lift and still had to do a good bit of trimming to fit his 33's. I'm not trying ot discourage you by any means I just want to make sure you are properly informed and know what you are getting into.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

that will put you 3" above stock, stock tires are essentially 29's correct? 2" crank and 1" from larger tires.

Buddy has a 2" BL and slight crank, I think he rubs slightly on the frame and/or sway bar with 31" Territories on stock wheels.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Good call I forgot to mention that!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Beginning Member
Dustyrandall is on a distinguished road

The tires have been purchased there sitting in my house now to just see if there gonna fit. What is the difference between 31" Territories and Authorities I wonder for actual diameter mounted and inflated does anyone know the exact numbers, I think the territories were 30.4 but i'm not sure? anyway's I got a sawsall and some beer so they will be going on LOL

thanks rex and jam for the helpful info, i'll post a picture of the aftermath.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:56 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Dustyrandall
The tires have been purchased there sitting in my house now to just see if there gonna fit. What is the difference between 31" Territories and Authorities I wonder for actual diameter mounted and inflated does anyone know the exact numbers, I think the territories were 30.4 but i'm not sure? anyway's I got a sawsall and some beer so they will be going on LOL

thanks rex and jam for the helpful info, i'll post a picture of the aftermath.
Look forward to seeing the after pics! Bet it'll look boss!

I put a 2 inch bl on and put 31s on and had to do a little more than minor trimming. But they are on there and they have enough room to flex if needed.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Beginning Member
02fbody35th is on a distinguished road

I fit 31s with just a tbar crank and shackle lift. No trimming necessary. The only rubbing I get is on the frame at full lock.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM
IanD is on a distinguished road

Is it just me or does anyone else hear the tires rubbing at full lock with stock tires?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by IanD
Is it just me or does anyone else hear the tires rubbing at full lock with stock tires?
No way they would let the truck roll off the assembly line like that. Would be a quick lawsuit. A person has to make a hard swerve to avoid something in the road and the tires rub causing the truck to go end over end.

The only thing you should hear at full lock is the "moaning" of the power steering.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
IanD is on a distinguished road

Hmm, well I am not 100% sure.. but at the moment I have 235/75R15 on and my Blazer came with 235/70R15 on it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that 275/45R15 was also an option/stock wheel size, and I can hear it rub at full lock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The long road to 31's on my LS!