Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

look what I bought.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: look what I bought.

If you are running 4x4 rims with stock tires on a 4x4, no rubbing.
If you are running 2wdr rims with stock tires on a 4x4 you will have rubbing.

Notice how the metal splash guards aren't on the front tires? They used to be until the 2wdr rims ripped them off.2wdr rims with stock tires on a 4x4 rig will rub the back of the front fender well. This is not a maybe, or it could, it WILL rub, and it rubs on the bolts holding the inner fender in place.

I guess its too late for you to buy other rims. There are some things you can do.
Beat the fender well back with a 10 pound sledge hammer so it doesn't rub.
Install a 2" body lift.
Rip the bolts out and not worry about it.
or crank teh torsion bars, although that is no garantee it wont rub while flexing on corners and driveways.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:57 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

well thats no good, so in stock form i can't use these rims. damn.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:00 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You can try it and see how you like it.
I bet your going to lose your splash gaurds and you will need to remove your inner fender bolts. You'll figure out which ones pretty quick.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Granted my 235/75s were quite low on tread when I got the 4.5' backspaced rims, but I had no rubbing whatsoever. Not bumps, full lock, etc. Would the 15/32nds or whatever the difference in tread depth makes to the diameter of the tire rub that much?

I had the problems you mentioned when I got the 265s, but 235/75 was fine for me..no t-bar, nothin.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I also like your stock rims better.....wanna sell em?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:00 PM

wolfpack. What are you using for lift, just torsion bars and shackles, i'm thinkin your tires.stick out quite a bit more because of the wider tire you are using.

blazinloud. I'll probably keep them, besides they are curb rashed pretty good from the previous owner.

i've searched all over the internet for pics and i can't find anything........

Old 03-15-2008, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

They do stick out quite a bit more. They are 10.5s! And I just have the t-bars up 1' or so to make it level. They were sagging pretty hard with the weight of my brush guard, and even before the guard I had a good deal of rake.

235/75s on 4.5' BS looks like:

Old 03-15-2008, 11:59 PM

can you maybe get a pic of your wheel well with the tires cranked over so i can see how much room there will be between thetire and inner fender.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Those rims will look good on your rig!! Congrats on getting them!!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:27 AM
BLAZER LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello I am new here

I just bought a chevrolet Blazer LT 2000 and I have a problem. There is always a lamp on which is write 4WD. I think I have a problem with my transfert case? I don't know. Is there anyone can help me thank you

Quick Reply: look what I bought.