Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

lug nuts help??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:36 PM
JoPre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lug nuts help??

i was wondering is there a certain type of lug nuts to use when replacing my blazers?? like certian size or shape?

Old 04-23-2008, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: lug nuts help??

This is one thread I found about lugnuts. https://blazerforum.com/m_115526/tm.htm

According to Kyle our trucks use M12x1.50. There is a link in there that takes you to a site with different sized lugnuts. However, there are a few different types. Cone Seat, Cone Seat bulge, Cone seat duplex and cone seat spline drive. Hopefully someone else has some more info. My wheels had these awful center caps that I took off and the lugs beneath are ugly (to say the least.) I have been thinking about either getting new center caps or buying new lugnuts and leaving the caps off

Old 04-23-2008, 08:04 PM

so is any one of those types prefered or even neccessary? to use? anyone know a site that says what cars or rims should use what?

and otnietdehoooo ya you gotta hate ugly lug nuts exspecially on good looking rims. just ruins it ya know?!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

There are several styles that will fit.
the best place to get the right lug nut is the dealer of a tire shop. I don't work at the tire center any more, however they has books that wil tell you which lug nuts work on your vehicle.

and to answer your question.

Yes it makes a difference which lug nuts you get. They have to have the right pitch, threads, and seating surface. Seating surface will change with the wheels. Aftermarket wheels have recommended lug nuts too.

See your dealer of tire shop.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM

thank hanr3 i guess its off to the wheel shop i go.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont mean to steal the thread, but im going to be ordering aset of rims soon, and do i need toget the valve stems seperately, or does it come with them? And with aftermarket rims do they come with the lugnuts that are needed?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: tjwiens91@hotmail.co

Dont mean to steal the thread, but im going to be ordering aset of rims soon, and do i need toget the valve stems seperately, or does it come with them? And with aftermarket rims do they come with the lugnuts that are needed?
i would suggest asking where ever your ordering them from those questions eachcompanywill be different. alot do include thembut just ask to make sure.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:20 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I went and got some lug nuts today, I think it turned out nicely. IMO, it looks better than before. I recently took the center caps off to clean/repaint and I started to like the way they looked without the caps. I got them at AutoZone. Most of the lugnuts they have there are 12x1.5 and there are a few different "seats" The ones I got said Acorn style cone seat. Before I left the parking lot, I put one on to make sure they fit.

I didn't even realize it, but I the package came with locking lug nuts as well. The middle one is the locking one.

Old lugs

New lugs

This is how my wheels looked before I swapped out the lugnuts

and this is it now

Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 AM

looks good id say. how much did you pay for the new ones?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran

They rang up for $29.95 but the tag on the shelf said $17.95. I guess they must have left an old tag up or it could have been in the wrong place. I showed the tag to the guy at the counter and he changed the price so I only had to paythe 17,95

Quick Reply: lug nuts help??