Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Max Spare Tire Size -Stock Under Truck Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Starting Member
Doubledown is on a distinguished road
Default Max Spare Tire Size -Stock Under Truck Location

I was able to find plenty in search about the ZR2 tire location mode but nothing on the stock non-tire carrier location under the truck. I am looking at upping the tires with a lift, probably 31s but don't have one to try. Will a 31 fit on the stock dangle cable location under the truck?
Thanks

Old 01-07-2019, 08:45 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Dont quote me, but I dont think so. The 29" stock size fits nicely, might be able to squeeze a 30". But i dont think a 31".

Old 01-08-2019, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I was able to fit a 31" tire under my 4-door Blazer but it was super tight. If I didn't make sure that the spare was all the way to the rear, right against the hitch at the back I risked rubbing against the diff cover when flexing the suspension.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:32 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
I was able to fit a 31" tire under my 4-door Blazer but it was super tight. If I didn't make sure that the spare was all the way to the rear, right against the hitch at the back I risked rubbing against the diff cover when flexing the suspension.
Awesome to hear thank you. Maybe ratchet strap it back on the way up tightening the drop cable and snug it up so it doesn't kick back out.
Thank you

Old 03-17-2019, 05:42 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer11 is on a distinguished road

Does the under truck set up work for 2 door blazer ?

Old 03-17-2019, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I think they have the gas tank there...

Old 03-18-2019, 09:08 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
I think they have the gas tank there...
Yep. The fuel tank for the 2 door blazers is under the rear. That's why the 2 door Blazers have the spare on a swing arm, or inside the cargo space.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:38 PM
Starting Member

Just wanted to post an update on this after giving it a shot after the BL and shackle lift. I was unable to fit my 31" in the stock location with it fuel of air. Mind you it is a brand new, full tread tire that is filled. It will likely go if you aired it down and squished it in there but even then it will be very very close to the rear axle. Close enough to not want it there if doing any sort of off-roading. I put the factory wheel back under there to get around town and will take my hitch mount tire rack when I go off road and take the full size spare then.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:25 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I got rid of my spare underneath, and purchased a 2 door spare tire carrier.

I would like to utilize that space where the spare was, underneath the cargo hold. Maybe a hidden compartment? Or just a non hidden one.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
I got rid of my spare underneath, and purchased a 2 door spare tire carrier.

I would like to utilize that space where the spare was, underneath the cargo hold. Maybe a hidden compartment? Or just a non hidden one.
Eventually I want to add on board air to my truck, and the stock spare location would be a great spot for an air tank

Quick Reply: Max Spare Tire Size -Stock Under Truck Location