Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

More Tire ThREADS.... Walmart wranglers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default More Tire ThREADS.... Walmart wranglers?

I did a quick search, and still can't figure out how to search multiple terms at once....

But I am reading reviews and wondering what you guys know about goodyear wranglers that wally world sells, or if anyone has used them. I did some searching and they are made in 235/75/15, so I KNOW it will fit... but I did not know if it would be a worthy tire for offroad use....

Current plan is to buy new tires/rims (stockers from junkyard or craigslist),

I know they will fit, but I am just unsure how well they are, I have a set of street tires with less than 15k on them, and they are good to (50k? or something) so a two set job is in the works

But the fiancee and I are going to be replacing all the tires on both vehicles as she has a slow leak and I have no aggressive tread...

On to reading more reviews

Old 05-24-2010, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I've seen those they look like a pretty aggresive tread. I thought they were a little pricey for walmart. but then again they wanted like $215 a tire for 31" bfg mud terrains...

Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran

Well to clear it up, I was looking at the Wrangler Duratracks, and not the exclusive Wrangler Authority....

So they are not as aggressive as I originally thought... but still checking them out, they were rated 10 in snow, 8 offroad, and 7 street, I think.... Still pretty good...

Old 05-24-2010, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

thats not bad. how much r they asking per tire?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

i saw them at walmart too they were bout $70 each

Old 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

They look alright! Cant be any worse than my Sport Kings lol. The younger brother the the Mud Kings.

IMO they look fine! If those are true ratings then they are a pretty decent tire for the price!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

the ratings sounds pretty good for the tire price.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Looks like a more agressive tread than on my BFG All Terrains and they have some side biters which will be nice in mud and on rocks.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ngler+DuraTrac

Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran

Well reading through its about 120ish per tire, but thats not bad, there are a little more aggressive tires for 150-200, but 80 bucks saved a tire is a good deal, Does anyone have them on their blazer currently?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

I bought a set (not from Wall World). They are Wranglers but can't remember the exact model. They do pretty good off road and are OK quiet for the street. Paid about $340.00 nounted, balanced and rolling down the road with road hazard from Discount Tire. That wasn't their first price though. It was considerably steeper. Has to bring in an ad from someone else and of course they say they'll beat it. They did to like a buck and a half but they were closer anyway so I let them screw them on. I'm happy. Not so sure about the sales guy though. Just hate playing games. Got a bigsong and dance about how that size isn't really that common anymore, blah, blah, blah. Mine are 235/75/R15s. Not common? A bazillion trucks had them on them and they ain't all in the junkyard yet.

Quick Reply: More Tire ThREADS.... Walmart wranglers?