Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Need recommendations for new rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Beginning Member
lynxxyarly is on a distinguished road
Default Need recommendations for new rims

Hello all!

I don't post here too terribly often, but I am often browsing and have had a few times where people have helped me out with some issues. I digress though...

What I am here for now, is some opinions on what rims people like on their blazers and would fit well on my truck. I've never really bought rims for any vehicle before, but I've seen a lot I like. I want to kind of narrow down what rims I could purchase based on my vehicle and tires.

I am rocking a 2001 Blazer LS and I have a set of cooper discoverer ST 31x10.5s on my truck that I put on last year. I came here and got advice about my torsion key turning and putting 2" shackles on the back end. I did all of that without any issue and I like the way my truck sits and looks, and I really wasn't planning on putting any new rims on the truck since I was ok with the stock aluminum ones. However, things have changed and last week 4 of my 5 studs snapped off on one of my rims going down the road and I basically bored out the lug nut holes so bad that the rim is junked.

I figure now I might as well look into a semi nicer solution that would fit well with my truck (green) and the discoverers I have on there and just have the truck stand out a bit more.

So, what can people recommend and if possible, have pictures to show (of their own personal rims) for me to look at, as well?

I appreciate all the help I can get!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:23 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

If you can find them ZR5 wheels

Old 05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

What Kind of rims are you looking for? If you want chrome then about the only chrome rims I really like on blazers are my rims which are American Racing.

But if you want black rims Cragar soft 8's look really good on Blazers or the rock crawler rims. They look similar.

These are the rock crawlers:

As far as sizes go, mine are 15"-7" and have a 5.5" back spacing and i have no problems. and with the cragars the best option is the 15"-7" 4.5" back spacing which you might have some rubbing issues with if you have 31's

Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the pictures guys!

I think I really like the cragar soft 8s. Where could I find some of those reasonably priced?

I'm guessing these are what I want/need?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CR...734P/?rtype=10

EDIT: and with that, will I need to worry about getting new lugnuts, or will the stock ones work just fine?

Last edited by lynxxyarly; 05-24-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Well the stock lugs might look kinda funny with them but they will work.

Heres another good price on Ebay, free shipping also: Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels 15"x7" 5x4.75" BC Set of 4 3975734P(4) | eBay

Old 05-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
Well the stock lugs might look kinda funny with them but they will work.

Heres another good price on Ebay, free shipping also: Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels 15"x7" 5x4.75" BC Set of 4 3975734P(4) | eBay
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it!

Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 PM
slowsinglecam is on a distinguished road

Cragar soft 8s FTW. If I get wheels that is what I would get. Also get new lug nuts. You mite as well. Why have dirty old lugs with fresh wheels?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by slowsinglecam
Cragar soft 8s FTW. If I get wheels that is what I would get. Also get new lug nuts. You mite as well. Why have dirty old lugs with fresh wheels?
Well, funny thing, those dirty lugnuts are. I just got done replacing all my studs and lugnuts recently. So they have that shiny new look to them.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:27 PM
slowsinglecam is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lynxxyarly
Well, funny thing, those dirty lugnuts are. I just got done replacing all my studs and lugnuts recently. So they have that shiny new look to them.
Oh did not see that you did that lol

Old 05-27-2012, 03:00 AM

i would just spray paint them black and call it good

Quick Reply: Need recommendations for new rims