Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

need rim info

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default need rim info

just a couple questions.....will 2wd offset rims fit on on a 4wd?? i would like to know b/c when i get my 20s I wanna figure out a way to keep the rims from stick out past the fender

Old 03-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: need rim info

They will physically bolt up, but if the rims have the backspacing of typical 2wd rims, they will stick out around 2" per side further than 4wd rims.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

so is there a way to get the rims to sit inside the fender? i know that the 4wd backspacing is 6"...if i go deeper will the rim rub the frame or wheel well??

Old 03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can't increase backspacing on rims that don't have enough. With a 4" (or close to that) backspacing, you will probably have problems with the rims hitting on the front and back of the fender while turning. The rims will physically be further away from the frame, but closer to the front and back of the fenders.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran

i know that much...i trying to figure all this out so i know what to order when its time for the new wheels....ive been told the new vette rims will bolt right up to the 4wd

Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Check the do it yourself section. Pretty sure there is a thread on what fits the S10 blazers in there.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
BF Veteran

yea it has a tire thread....nothing about rims that i found

Old 03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know what else to tell you.
Stock 4x4 rims are 15x7 with 6" of backspacing and 5 on 4.75' bolt pattern. What else do you want to know?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran

i just wanna know if the 6" of backspacing will keep the rims I want to get inside the fender or will they stick out?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

if the rims are no wider than 7 inches and you have 6 inches of BS they will not stick out.... for every inch wider you go with a 6 inch BS the rims will stick out 1 inch....

an 8" wide rim with 6" BS will stick out about 1" farther than your stock rims do
a 9" wide rim with 6" BS will stick out about 2" farther than your stock rims.... etc

Quick Reply: need rim info