Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Negative camber problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Beginning Member
<3blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Negative camber problem

i just installed new 31X10.5 tires, but now the front 2 tires have pretty severe negative camber. i want to straighten them out asap so i dont ruin my new tires, does anyone know of anything i could buy to tilt out the tires? thanks!

Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you gotten an alignment after you jacked the front end up w/ the tbars?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Beginning Member

i took it to an alignment shop and they said there wasnt much they could do because my control arms were pushed all the way forward, they told me i could leave it with them and he would see what he could do, but i'm afraid he'll just end up charging me 150$ and not even fix the problem

Old 08-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing you jacked your t-bars all the way to fit those tires. I'd say you are looking at new, longer upper control arms or lessen up on the t-bar crank.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Beginning Member

well i cranked the t bars as much as possible to help the camber, it actually helped lean the tires out further but they are still really negative. where can i find longer upper control arms?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Some lift kits come with new upper control arms.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point

He's right about the new arms. My buddy got Fabtech upper a arms and it fixed the problem, his stock ones just didn't get out far enough. Are your a frame bushing ok? Sometimes if they are hallowed out more it makes the tire sit like that but not a whole lot but enough to eat a way at your tire. Can you post pics?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Beginning Member

i'll post pics first thing tommrow morning

Old 08-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Beginning Member

for now i bought these:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/professiona...304d242y1999j1

because for $30 i could get 2 kits shipped to my house which was alot cheaper then new upper control arms. But im afraid these arnt going to do the trick, but i figured its a start.. im still open to any/all ideas.

Attached Thumbnails Negative camber problem-001.jpg   Negative camber problem-002.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt these will IMO. You have stock a frames on right? I have some fabtech a arms with good ball joints but they just need new bushings but its for a 2wd so im not sure it would fit a 4wd

Last edited by speterson1011; 08-15-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Negative camber problem