Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

new rims and rubber

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Dynomitkid is on a distinguished road
Default new rims and rubber

hey guys,
just got a 99 blazer 4dr i want to get some new rims and rubber i have no idea wat to get... my truck is green and gold coloured so i am having some problems of think about how it would look ect

Helpppppp...

Last edited by Dynomitkid; 08-22-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: speelin and missed a specification
Old 08-22-2009, 05:37 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

rubber? xD you mean tire?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
rubber? xD you mean tire?
...Rubber is a common term for Tire, so yes...

Are you looking for big huge flashy rims and street tires, or were you looking more for a offroad setup with big tires and simple rims? You have two directions really..and you'd have to decide which way you wanted to go.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:01 AM

i am lookin for more of an offroad look with mudders i was gunna get the bfgoodwrench ones but then i dont no wat type of rims to get
yea simple rims but i dont want my tires too big that they will rub u no wat i mean??

Old 08-23-2009, 01:10 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alot of people like the soft 8's or wagon wheels on the blazers. You can get them in black chrome and white normally. Summitracing.com has them strating at around $39.99 each for a 15x7. They go up to 17 inch if I remember right. Your factory backspace is 4 inch for a 2wd, which I'm assuming you have. If it's 4x4 it is about 6 inches. Any lower backspace will set the rim out from the wheel well, giving it a wider stance. Some like it some don't. Tires is something that is a personal opinion, so I'll leave that blank. If your at factory height a 30 inch tire like a 30x9.50x15, or 245-75-15 is about the largest you can go normally before rubbing. A little bigger offset can fix that, but to much and you will rub the outer wheel wells. Sorry for the long post, I've been looking at rims and tires for after my body lift so I've been studying this subject. Hope you find what your looking for and welcome to the forum.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:49 PM
99Jimmster is on a distinguished road

question: soo if i order soft 8's for my 99 jimmy 2wd with a 4.25 backspace is it only going to stick out .25.. excuse me im a lil confused lol

Old 08-23-2009, 10:13 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

4.25 backspacing would make the rims pulled in .25" more then stock.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:10 AM

mine is the four wheel drive and four door so the spacers make the stick out more???
do u have to have spacers i like the soft 8's so i think i might get them probally the same size as my stock or one size up but not sure yet... but i still think i am gunna go with the bfgoodwrench tires

Old 08-24-2009, 02:20 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying

The soft 8's will stick out further then your stock wheels because the soft 8's have less back spacing then the stock wheels (which have 6in back spacing).

Old 08-24-2009, 07:40 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
...Rubber is a common term for Tire, so yes...

Are you looking for big huge flashy rims and street tires, or were you looking more for a offroad setup with big tires and simple rims? You have two directions really..and you'd have to decide which way you wanted to go.
Really? never in my life heard that term used! Wow i'm learning a lot on these forums =D

Quick Reply: new rims and rubber