Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

New Skins N' Rims for my 2000 Blazer????

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:57 AM
BSchorr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Skins N' Rims for my 2000 Blazer????

1st time poster here. Bought a 2000 Chevy S-10 Blazer a few days ago and have already orderd front and rear Altezza lights along with blue HID lights.

Want to add some rims and tires.

I have my heart set on these rims. I am going for an offroader look, not the onroad looking with big rims and low profile look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...id=p2759.l1259

I want to get the biggest and widest tires i can without any modifications or lifts, just want to add tires and rims.

So, Ive narrowed my tire selection down to the ..

BF Goodrich Allterrain KO http://www.4wd.com/jeep-parts.aspx?c...2&plID=442

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM's http://www.4wd.com/jeep-parts.aspx?c...2&plID=444

Toyo Open Country A/T's http://www.4wd.com/jeep-parts.aspx?c...3&plID=469

So does anyone know how big and wide i can go without any rubbing or anything?

Old 03-22-2008, 10:04 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: New Skins N' Rims for my 2000 Blazer????

30x9.5 is the biggest with no rubbing.

Also be careful on the Toyos, the tread depth is only 13/32nds, where as the BFGs gunna offer upwards of 17.

I've got 30x10.5s and had a fair amount of rubbing, but I did a minor bit of trimming and got em to only rub at full lock in a bump. Then I lifted about 1.5' and they only rub at the very edge of the tire on a bump...nothing a little more trimming shouldn't fix!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:16 AM

Wolf, what does the 9.5 mean in a 30x9.5 tire size? I am a total noob. Why do some say 235's then.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:21 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

P-metric sizing vs LT (light truck) sizing. P-Metrics are going to be the 235/75/15 LTs are going to be 30x9.5x15.

P metric is in mm, so the tread is 235 mm wide, and the sidewall is 75% as tall as the tread and the last number is the rim size.

LT is the different, and in inches, 30' is the tire diameter, 9.5' is the width and 15 is the rim size.

You probably can't find a 30x9.5 in p-metric, it converts to 240x80x15 which I don't think I've ever seen.

You can play around with a few conversions from p-metric to LT here
And visually you can see the difference in tire sizes here

Edit: Stock size (235/70/15) is 28x9.25'. That gives you a base to compare bigger tires to.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Thanks, I understand now, been a big help. I was thinking on 235x75x15's then. But If I can go bigger, I would want to that to.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:26 AM

So them rims i posted in teh first post were 15x7's then. I would want to get 15x9's then... cause 235mm wide is 9.25 inches wide..?€

Old 03-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wolkpack,
That isn't entirely true. This page from Yokohama details it better.

The main difference between LT and P tires is the constriction. You can have an LT-metric tire that would share the same metric nomenclature with the P-metric tire, but the LT tire would be a heavier construction.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:38 PM
BF Veteran

Ahhh...I didn't even think about that. I thought about mentioning the construction difference but I figured if he was trying to learn about sizing, construction and plys would be a little too much.

My apologies for the misleading information.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:53 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: BSchorr

So them rims i posted in teh first post were 15x7's then. I would want to get 15x9's then... cause 235mm wide is 9.25 inches wide..?€
Not nessecarily, many people still have the 30x9.5 tires on their stock rims and they are fine. But a slightly wider rim would could make it look a little better (less bulbbled looking sidewall)

As far as the LT vs. P naming styles. Both LT and P have metric and english sizing (metric = 235/75R15 and english = 30x9.5). The only differences between LT and P type tires is the construction of them, the LT tires have a stiffer ride and a higher weight carrying capacity. The P style tires generally have a nice ride to them since they are passenger style tires.

I have LT 235/75R15 BFG All Terrians, I love them. They did decrease my mileage a little but thats due to a much more agressive tread (higher rolling resistance) than the standard all season highway tire.

The Toyo's ride nice and have no noise, the BFG AT's have a little but its not bad, and I am sure the BFG MT's have a bit more noise than the AT's. Good luck on your tire/rim purchase.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:09 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are going for the off road looking wheel i would try to find somethin else that doesnt stand out as off road

Quick Reply: New Skins N' Rims for my 2000 Blazer????