Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   New wheels! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/new-wheels-39696/)

bigjon1 01-23-2010 10:48 PM

New wheels!

1 Attachment(s)
Well I got my new wheels Monday. They are "unique" wheels from Discount Tire (the same as Cragar) They have four inches of backspacing which means with the 31s on there I had to do some heavy fender trimming.Not too pretty now, gotta do some finishing work to look good:) Would have posted earlier but Tuesday I had broken the passenger side CV shaft. But anyhow I have the new wheels on. By the way, thanks to everyone who did their CVs and posted. That helped me out a lot. More pics in album check it out.

packofqtips 01-24-2010 12:20 AM

looks good

bigjon1 01-24-2010 04:42 PM

Thanks man I really like how it makes the whole truck look wider, but I hated to have to cut my baby.....

leeclark 01-24-2010 05:23 PM

looks really good. god i need to get rid of my trim.

bigjon1 01-24-2010 08:33 PM

Thanks. yeah I removed mine about 6 months ago. I think it looks a lot cleaner without it

old skool luvr 01-24-2010 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by leeclark (Post 290605)
looks really good. god i need to get rid of my trim.

Originally Posted by bigjon1 (Post 290670)
Thanks. yeah I removed mine about 6 months ago. I think it looks a lot cleaner without it

funny, i was thinking it looked naked without it, maybe 'cause your truck is white?...............don't know.

your truck looks pretty good though with the new wheels, but the pic is kinda small. you should get a photobucket account, makes for nicer pic posting. don't worry, i was in the same boat as you awhile ago, and it's pretty easy once you do it a couple of times. saves some space on your HD too. :)

ImScrewed92 01-24-2010 09:57 PM

Might be a dumb question, but how did you go about cutting your fenders? I might have to do that on mine. Looks pretty good and smooth. A little grinding at the top and your golden. Do you just cut out the section and bend the inner fender to conform to the new shape?

bigjon1 01-24-2010 10:36 PM

I just took a sawzall and did what you said, but watch it on the side in the pic on this post the saw hit a bolt and shot up the fender lol; anyhow I like how it turned out. The inner fender is steel so a good size hammer and some "love taps" will get it to go perk near anywhere you want it :)
The truck did look "naked" when I first took all that stuff off, but the longer it is naked the more I like it.............BUT I am thinkin of putin the Blazer badges back on the doors

ImScrewed92 01-24-2010 10:54 PM

Thanks man, I'm gonna have to try that sometime. I'm like you I don't wanna do it unless I really need to.

Black rims on a white truck, just nasty man :icon_drool:. Really liking it!

Sisk 01-25-2010 06:29 AM

Looks really good man! If it were me I wouldn't have cut the fenders. I would have spent the $60 on shackles and lifted it 2" to fit the 31's. That way you don't have to cut anything ;)