Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

New wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink New wheels!

Well I got my new wheels Monday. They are "unique" wheels from Discount Tire (the same as Cragar) They have four inches of backspacing which means with the 31s on there I had to do some heavy fender trimming.Not too pretty now, gotta do some finishing work to look good Would have posted earlier but Tuesday I had broken the passenger side CV shaft. But anyhow I have the new wheels on. By the way, thanks to everyone who did their CVs and posted. That helped me out a lot. More pics in album check it out.

Attached Thumbnails New wheels!-0121100933.jpg  
Old 01-24-2010, 12:20 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good

Old 01-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Starting Member

Thanks man I really like how it makes the whole truck look wider, but I hated to have to cut my baby.....

Old 01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

looks really good. god i need to get rid of my trim.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Starting Member

Thanks. yeah I removed mine about 6 months ago. I think it looks a lot cleaner without it

Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by leeclark
looks really good. god i need to get rid of my trim.
Originally Posted by bigjon1
Thanks. yeah I removed mine about 6 months ago. I think it looks a lot cleaner without it
funny, i was thinking it looked naked without it, maybe 'cause your truck is white?...............don't know.

your truck looks pretty good though with the new wheels, but the pic is kinda small. you should get a photobucket account, makes for nicer pic posting. don't worry, i was in the same boat as you awhile ago, and it's pretty easy once you do it a couple of times. saves some space on your HD too.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be a dumb question, but how did you go about cutting your fenders? I might have to do that on mine. Looks pretty good and smooth. A little grinding at the top and your golden. Do you just cut out the section and bend the inner fender to conform to the new shape?

Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Starting Member

I just took a sawzall and did what you said, but watch it on the side in the pic on this post the saw hit a bolt and shot up the fender lol; anyhow I like how it turned out. The inner fender is steel so a good size hammer and some "love taps" will get it to go perk near anywhere you want it
The truck did look "naked" when I first took all that stuff off, but the longer it is naked the more I like it.............BUT I am thinkin of putin the Blazer badges back on the doors

Old 01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks man, I'm gonna have to try that sometime. I'm like you I don't wanna do it unless I really need to.

Black rims on a white truck, just nasty man . Really liking it!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looks really good man! If it were me I wouldn't have cut the fenders. I would have spent the $60 on shackles and lifted it 2" to fit the 31's. That way you don't have to cut anything

Quick Reply: New wheels!