Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

newb tire question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Beginning Member
maroman88 is on a distinguished road
Default newb tire question

new guy here! just bought my first SUV, 98 blazer ZR2. ive owned a ton of camaros firebirds even a few mustangs and my current C5 corvette. annnnnyway, the last owner installed some dinky looking tires and id like sumthin beefier, truck will be mostly on road with an occasional off road excursion. recomendations? lookin for about 100 bucks a tire range

thanks guys!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:35 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the door frame tag. What size does it say?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Beginning Member

lol i know the size, was lookin for a brand/model recomendation

Old 09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Not sure I can recommend anything in the price you stated. Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Though, I'm sure you can find some Walmart or Pepboys tires for that price.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

tirerack.com???

Ill sell ya some mean looking 33's for $600

Old 09-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Beginning Member

i checked tirerack... thats how i came up with the 100ish per tire range... just looking for a prefered brand/model someones used and had good luck with...

Old 09-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

lol good luck finding some 31's for that price!!! lmao! do you want street tires? I would recommend these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....KL71&tab=Sizes those tires will last you a LONG time and are just great tires.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maroman88
...annnnnyway, the last owner installed some dinky looking tires and id like sumthin beefier...
To me, 'dinky' means 'small' and 'beefier' means 'larger', so I assumed the original owner had replaced the stock size with narrower tires. Sorry you weren't clear.

Originally Posted by maroman88
lol i know the size...
Perhaps some here don't know. Not all Blazers from all years had the same size tires. When asking for help, the more info you supply, the more help members can offer.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
To me, 'dinky' means 'small' and 'beefier' means 'larger', so I assumed the original owner had replaced the stock size with narrower tires. Sorry you weren't clear.

Perhaps some here don't know. Not all Blazers from all years had the same size tires. When asking for help, the more info you supply, the more help members can offer.
ok given all the info now... do u have any recomendations?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Dbam31
lol good luck finding some 31's for that price!!! lmao! do you want street tires? I would recommend these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....KL71&tab=Sizes those tires will last you a LONG time and are just great tires.

those are nice!! thanks

Quick Reply: newb tire question