Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Old wheels you might have laying around?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Old wheels you might have laying around?

I was just looking at some stockwheels that I have seen on Blazers lately and there are 2 that I would not mind having (maybe an aftermarket) so if you guys happen to have either of the 2 I show here or an aftermarket you want to get rid of for not to much lemme know (with pics please).

[IMG]local://upfiles/2324/6102B1B9EEF74DA1A3EC1A1A83831CFA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2324/4C3239638C50485AA6FB11D90E7FD197.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Old wheels you might have laying around?

Both of the rims shown are 2wd rims...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:57 PM

so they will only fit on 2WD's? I figured a rim was a rim since I didn't have to worry about a 4WD locking hub that stuck through the rims

Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They'll bolt up, but 2wd rims have less backspacing than 4wd rims.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:12 PM

so I would basically have to add a spacing plate to make it work then? If so no thanks lol

as always thanks for the info swart

Old 07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Administrator

No... They have less backspacing than a 4wd rim. Spacers will make the issue worse. You can run them, however, the rims will stick out further and you may have trouble with the fenders if you are running or plan on running oversized tires.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:17 PM

ahh I see. I am actually planning on running 30 in tires so I guess that would be a problem. Oh, well I am doomed to find a good looking wheel that will fit properly lol.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Starting Member
stevelknievel is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the swirlies on my 32s and i liked them better than the 4wd rims. sticks em out a little farther

Old 07-29-2007, 07:15 PM

yeah but don't you have to worry about the tires rubbing with the "swirlies" on?

Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Starting Member
stevelknievel is an unknown quantity at this point

the only issuei had was the tires rubbing the bottom of the fender when i turned. if you're only running 30s it shouldnt be an issue theres a pic of the tires on my truck in my gallery

Quick Reply: Old wheels you might have laying around?